1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evan Silva's 15 draft risers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Feb 26, 2013.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'll just highlight his thoughts on guys who interest:

Ireland loves taking Db's in the later rds

He compares to Donald Thomas athletically, anyone know if he was a 3 or 4 yr starter?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42630/60/nfl-combine-risers?pg=2

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42630/60/nfl-combine-risers?pg=1

Oh goody, a LT at #12, how many Td's does he score?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    ToddPhin likes this.
  2. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    If we could nab Lane Johnson @ #12 I'd be pretty goddamn happy with that, and I'm the biggest Patterson supporter you'll find.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I wouldn't, I'd think Ireland would being approaching the banana peel out of Davie if he defaults to yet another OL with a #1 pick.

He doesn't score Td's, it really is that simple.

schmolioot and Boomer like this.
  4. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    In simple minds, I'd suppose (you said simple, not I...)

... but as has been stated, if he's letting Long walk and replaces him with Johnson, and then brings in a free agent WR name such as Wallace, I doubt people are going to be all up in arms. He's already said he is not going to allow the court of public opinion dictate how he runs his draft or free agency, and personally I'm thankful to him for it, because we'd likely be in a worse position.

By your statement, you're against every single position except WR, RB, TE? Or do CBs and Ss count? Do you mean just skill position players? Or offensive skill position players who typically score touchdowns?

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To retain the simple theme:

-we have to score more Td's in the passing game, we need Wr's and Te's and possibly a Rb
    -we have to keep opponents from scoring on us in the passing game, we need better ballhawks in the secondary and better passrush from base defenses.

We finished 3rd in the league in sacks, BUT we blitzed a lot, and many times they did not get there to disrupt opponents passing games, square those areas away, then look for a Tackle, or heck, maybe that #40 overall LT we just drafted, plays you know, left tackle...?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I would love if we went Johnson at 12.