1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evan Silva Loves Tavon Austin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    djphinfan likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Not too much to add to that...don't want some to think I think he's god or anything..Just a dynamic unique football player who's skillset translates really well..Easy college prospect to project, deserves top 15 draft status from the get and # 1 receiver status in this draft, and imo is a player that you build an offense around..The absolute nightmare that the vertical and horizontal stretch principles would cause is why some including myself, have no problems with the pick at 12..game changer..

I've probably watched a hundred or so reps from his high school days..dude can run the rock, finally good to see some media analysts start to include his special instincts as a back and how that adds to his value and the final overall vision for him at the next level..

Da 'Fins and ToddPhin like this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I still think Tavon is more of a late first, early second talent... but in the right offense he could be deadly. And he is just so exciting, I think he is drafted before that.

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    If he is there at 16 Jeff Fisher will bring him to St Louis....him on the turf is scary.

5. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    The Bills are throwing out indications they like him (which means they want to trade down from #8, probably to draft another player - I'd say either OG or QB that they don't want to spend #8 on).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160230/article/tavon-austin-gains-steam-high-on-buffalo-bills-radar

I think he could go top 10 if enough teams want him. I could see Tampa Bay trading up to get him or the Jets (if they believe in Sanchize - of course they could go QB in round 2 and get a good one, better than MS).