ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit picks UM to beat FSU in opener

9 replies

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew MemberOP
Sep 2, 2009, 11:08 PM

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit picks UM to beat FSU in opener

ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit is picking the Miami Hurricanes to beat the Florida State Seminoles in Tallahassee on Monday night despite UM being a 5 1/2-point underdog.

"I think Miami will go up there and win," Herbstreit told WQAM (560-AM) on Tuesday. "I just think with Jacory Harris and the skill players around him being a year older . . . I think they understand the urgency with their first four games. I think they know that if they lose this first one, this thing could go in a bad direction."

Herbstreit was referring to Miami's difficult stretch to the start the season with games at FSU (Sept. 7), vs. Georgia Tech (Sept. 17), at Virginia Tech (Sept. 26) and vs. Oklahoma (Oct. 3)...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/um-hurricanes/sfl-kirk-herbstreit-um-fsu-s090109,0,6848089.story?track=rss

It'll be very gratifying to beat the 'Noles on their home turf to start the season.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2009, 09:37 AM

as much as i want to come in here and call Kirk an idiot, i cant. FSU-UM is always a mike vick, and the fact that its the first game of the year is ridiculous and dumb because it makes for terrible football.

i suspect a low scoring sloppy game. 16-9 Noles.

MotionMotionNew Member
Sep 3, 2009, 09:51 AM

Looking forward to this one. So nice to see all the commercials on TV for the games tonight and this weekend. Finally college football is back!

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Sep 5, 2009, 12:13 AM

UM would be my pick as well.

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Sep 5, 2009, 08:42 PM

"Motion wrote:

Looking forward to this one. So nice to see all the commercials on TV for the games tonight and this weekend. Finally college football is back!

I'm more excited for this than I am for the Dolphins opener! :yes:

ALalen1New Member
Sep 6, 2009, 12:22 AM

Man I hope we win this. Hopefully Whipple has something good for the offense. Also, hope our secondary isn't crap.

In other news, I'm glad CFB is back! Watching Syd'Quan Thompson tonight against Maryland and man he looks great!

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Sep 6, 2009, 08:08 AM

"alen1 wrote:

Man I hope we win this. Hopefully Whipple has something good for the offense. Also, hope our secondary isn't crap.

In other news, I'm glad CFB is back! Watching Syd'Quan Thompson tonight against Maryland and man he looks great!

Can't wait to see your offense this year. Hopefully you guys open it up alittle Your secondary will not be tested this week as FSU is down on WR's this year.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Sep 6, 2009, 10:01 AM

I don't see it. I hold no hope whatsoever for the Canes until they get rid of Randy Shannon.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Sep 6, 2009, 03:27 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

I don't see it. I hold no hope whatsoever for the Canes until they get rid of Randy Shannon.

Randy Shannon reminds me alot of Ron Zook. Shannon will win games on talent and not great coaching

MotionMotionNew Member
Sep 8, 2009, 08:12 AM

"Skeet84 wrote:

Can't wait to see your offense this year. Hopefully you guys open it up alittle Your secondary will not be tested this week as FSU is down on WR's this year.

:lol: Oops