1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN Tim Graham Cam Wake Article

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The Aqua Crush, Nov 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/6560/wake-hopes-long-journey-just-beginning

Good stuff by Tim. He tracked his journey when we signed him and now has a follow up article.

I think the big thing with Wake is that Sparano has handled him well in order to adapt. We could be seeing more and more of Wake now that I"m sure Tony is feeling better and better about him in the NFL.

The best part i liked to hear was that Wake is quoted in the article as saying he's always hungry. Wants more, more, more. He knows it wont' come over night but his desire to take on more responsibility and play more is there. And it's something i truely believe he means.

2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That was a good read. Thanks for posting this.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Dude needs to get better in space now, or he's just an incredible 4-3 end who can;t be fully used in our system.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    With Cam it is always one more road to cross one more bridge to take.

[​IMG]

He had just sacked Freeman in that picture.

And what is even better, he and JT have synergy, Wake and JT play off of each other as passrushers.

5. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    next year he will be on people's fantasy football teams in the leagues that have defensive players.

6. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    BPK considering he was a Penn State LB I'm sure he has some knowledge of the basics, but his old coach did say there were some things that amazed and frustrated him with Derek.

I wouldn't be suprised if playing OLB in the NFL in a 3-4 the adaptation of reading the play and screens, stopping the run, covering a TE or a crossing route would be the hardest to learn to a point where Sparano feels totally comfortable putting you in there.

The pass rush part is just something he knows how to do. Go get the qb. Maybe the coverage portion is a big reason why he hasn't seen more action, sparano wants to be totally sure.

But if Cam Can't do it, i'm sure he's working his tail off to learn how too. He's def. got a wealth of experience and talent to teach him in Miami.