1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 12, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    31 (32) Dolphins 1-15-0 A rookie head coach and an unsettled QB situation add up to growing pains, even though the Dolphins have upgraded their talent base. (MS

To take a look at teams during the offseason, we've called upon some of our voting members to provide the team-by-team commentary. Thus, for your reading pleasure, you'll have:

• Mike Sando on the AFC East and NFC West
    • James Walker on the AFC North and NFC North
    • Pat Yasinskas on the AFC South and NFC South
    • Bill Williamson on the AFC West
    • Matt Mosley on the NFC East

Our voters, who also include staff writer John Clayton and Scouts Inc. Insiders Jeremy Green and Keith Kidd, had diverse takes on what offseason moves mean to various teams. The Titans ranked as high as 10th in one voter's opinion, but rated only 22nd in another's. The defending champion Giants are the best team in the league, according to one selector; another ranks nine teams ahead of Big Blue.

BIGGEST RISE: N.Y. Jets from 30th (final finish in 2007) to 21st. BIGGEST DROP: Green Bay Packers from fifth to 10th; Tennessee Titans from 11th to 16th; Detroit Lions from 24th to 29th.

LINK
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=0

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I'd have to agree, at least we've got a snowball's chance in hell this year. However, the same cannot be said for Atlanta, they have absolutely no Oline to protect their rookie QB and create holes for their highly paid, unproven every down RB.:no: I look for them to look a lot like we did last year, if not worse.

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I think we'll be better than a few other teams on that list, but the point is well taken that an unsettled QB position is going to lead to growing pains.

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Doesnt look that much diff than how the teams ended up last year. I think they've had the Pats and Colts in the top 2 spots for the last 4 or 5 years. Anyway there are always surprises in an NFL season.

Just like us its looks they are having a tough time filling the gap until the season starts...

5. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    The key difference this year, IMO, will be the coaching.
    They are taking a very no-nonsense approach, and I think this will help the team get off to a much faster start then the cluster that was last year.
    Upgrades in talent that have been made can only help the issue as well.