1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN: Pennington was slighted in the Pro Bowl voting to a major degree

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ludacris, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    John Clayton always has nice things to say about the Dolphins even during the course of last season. I agree with him that Pennington should have been ahead of Cutler. He even should be ahead of Farve for that matter.

Well sems like Pennington should be 2nd or 3rd alternate for the Pro Bowl. I'm willing to bet Rivers is 1st alternate.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3775407

2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Voters and pundits seem to prefer flashy big arm QBs rather that steady mistake free quarterbacking

Cutler is very much like Favre IMO.Both can make some spectacular throws but also can also throw some ill advised interceptions .

You would think winning would be the ultimate gauge

dolfan32323 likes this.
  3. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Yeah people just want to see the big armed QBs even if it didn't translate to successful QB play during the season.

4. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Yet another reason why I think Clayton is one of the few great analysts on ESPN. No hyperbolic garbage ever comes out of his mouth like the others.

5. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I would rather see him beat the crap out of those *&()*%^ Jest in week 17 than play in a useless Pro Bowl.:yes:

6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I always loved watching Clayton pWn Sean Salisbury. I'd love to see Woody Paige vs John Clayton. That would be a great debating duo from two objective reporters.

oh, and i dont care if chad makes the pro bowl. the whole thing is a joke now anyway. peyton manning has no business being the starter, philip rivers deserved that honor, but didnt even get selected at all.

7. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    all i have to say is, a great and closer to the truth than anything report we have heard (BEHIND CLOSED DOORS THE REST OF THE NFL WOULD AGREE -if not they are inebriated) all year... all bais aside, in comparing recent weeks game to the competition, Pennington has proven to be one of the top, if not THE top QB's in the league.... Can we argue this?