1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN - Ireland IN, Sparano's future lies in the decision of Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miamifins854, Jan 4, 2011.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    John is all over that one! lol

2. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Right after Marino's 2nd year when we lost in the SB I remember thinking man I am going to see alot of SB victories, now that was hope.

3. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    2nd, 3rd, 4th, who cares. Bottom line is he's not the owners first choice. No matter how you "spin it", Ross is settling on Sparano.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We had made it to maybe 3 or 4 straight AFC Championship games and I can recall thinking "man..."

That is a part of the reason why I am not thrilled with all of this instability, we spend a decade churning HC's, but "this time!!" err, no, the only thing we haven't tried is sticking with a HC for 4 or 5 yrs.

We were "good" with Wanny, but Wanny rotted the team, that to me is the difference with Sparano, we are good, and we are young, with Wanny we were older, and getting even older.

Tin Indian likes this.
  5. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Speaking of solving our QB problem, I've also been wondering what the situation at offensive coordinator would be with the addition of either of the two.

6. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    if we do get harbaugh, its not like the playoffs are set in stone. We still need to clean house on the offensive coaching side and we need a new QB.

do you think harbaugh will push for us to go after luck?

7. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    and who owns the Steelers??? Rooney does! lmao

8. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    We've had one coach that was too loyal to bad assistants.

It cost Marino dearly.

9. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I have the advantage of living right in between Stanford and San Francisco. The local sports media has been ALL OVER Harbuagh to the Niners. The Baalke tidbit was thrown in as a selling point to the local fans as to why Harbaugh would go to San Fran because of their connections outside of the GM/HC dynamic.

In other words, I can't really take credit for the tidbit as I just passed it on.

Also, The Niners pick 7th. Don't be surprised if they cough up a ton to move up (if/when CBA is ironed out). I get the feeling that Carolina isn't as enamored with Luck as they say they are.

10. Samphin

Luck is out of reach. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh felt he could fix his fellow Michigan QB alum, Henne. I wouldn't expect an overnight fix form outside of the current crop, anyhow.

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Tough to say, I think Richardson will want Luck as a selling point for the Franchise, he basically wasted this season on John Fox and then fired him, then pretty much is only interviewing assistant coaches who will work cheaply for example SF DC Greg Manusky is coming to Carolina for an interview.

Cat really to ask on that is Sick, he hangs out on Panthers forums on occasion.

12. Samphin

Richardson is a hard cat to read because he pretty much avoids the media like the plague. I think they are forced to pick Luck because they can't afford to pass on him for fear of forever Sam Bowie'ing the draft. They just invested a high draft pick in Claussen and you know they are pissed they did that now that they are in the position they are in.

So, if the CBA gets dealt with, I think we may see the first pick actually auctioned off to whatever team coughs up the most. If it isn't to their liking, they will simply draft him and wait to trade him after the fact (like Eli/Rivers). If no one bites then...then they can sit back and take solace that they drafted the next Peyton Manning. But I honestly think they hope he stays in school so they can avoid the scenario all together.

Just my opnion.

13. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
  14. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Then I guess Sparano will know how Chad Henne felt getting benched for 2 plays for Pennington.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  15. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Could be interesting to see somebody who creates his offense for his QB's strengths. That might do the trick alone. Although after the last few games my confidence in Henne is at an alltime low. That guy is going to need some major confidence building this offseason.

16. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    If Sparano is kept, knowing he's a fallback option, I wonder what he needs to do next season to get an extension. 10-6? Win a playoff game? Interesting stuff.

17. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    in my mind he needs to make the playoffs. make the playoffs you get a new four year contract. fail to make the playoffs your job here has ended. and i think thats fair. getting rid of him this year is one year too early. three years / 80% roster change is too much to demand playoffs. four years isnt

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  18. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I've backed Sparano for head coach and I still will if he's retained, but I admit it's awfully weird to basically only be brought back because we couldn't get anyone better. On the plus side, maybe that kind of motivates Sparano to prove no one else should have even been considered.

19. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I agree. I think Ross really screwed this situation up. He should have known if he could get someone before this and announced on Monday whether Sparano was the coach for 2011 or not. Instead he let him twist in the wind. Ross is a clown IMO. Sparano should turn around in a month or two and say he cant find an offensive coordinator because of his lame duck status so he's asked Henning to come out of retirement as payback. lol

Killerphins likes this.
  20. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :lol:

Wouldn't that be a kick in the ***!

adamprez2003 likes this.
  21. flynryan151

flynryan151 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Sadly this is how it will go down :no:

We lose out on Harrbaugh! Sparano stays 2011 starts out the way 2010 left off, Sparano is fired at bye week.

22. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    BREAKING NEWS!

It has been learned that Ross has misplaced his Magic 8-Ball and can not make a decision without it. As soon as it is found, he will shake it furiously and make an announcement**

**The following Magic 8-Ball responses will further delay the announcement:

Reply hazy, try again Ask again later Better not tell you now Cannot predict now Concentrate and ask again

adamprez2003 and ToddsPhins like this.
  23. Samphin

Oh I get it. Like humor...but different.

24. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    My bad. He's using a Ouija Board.