ESPN - Ireland IN, Sparano's future lies in the decision of Jim Harbaugh

103 replies

Miamifins854Miamifins854New MemberOP
Jan 4, 2011, 06:17 PM

John Clayton just reported via ESPN.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:19 PM

Wow John little late to the party??

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jan 4, 2011, 06:20 PM

It's new if this is a definite thing and not just speculation.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 06:21 PM

Ya know, I really hate seeing this guy twisting in the wind. If they want to replace him, I wish they would give him the courtesy of just doing it.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Miamifins854Miamifins854New Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:21 PM

Clayton mentioned that Miami and Denver are the most likely destinations for Harbaugh, while Gruden is still a definite possibility.

ether79ether79New Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:22 PM

Now if/when Sparano is fired remember we have to comply witht he Rooney rule, seems people speculating like this could eventually get Ross into some minor trouble.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jan 4, 2011, 06:23 PM

If SF is out, I think we become the favorite. Denver is married to Tebow.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jan 4, 2011, 06:23 PM

"ether79 wrote:

Now if/when Sparano is fired remember we have to comply witht he Rooney rule, seems people speculating like this could eventually get Ross into some minor trouble.


Todd Bowles will interview. Even Karl dorrell. It's a sham, but it won't be a problem.

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:24 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Wow John little late to the party??


I think that's what gives this legs.
John Clayton, if I'm not mistaken, had reported were not even on Harbaughs radar before.
Now the turn.

RIP Jetssuck

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 06:25 PM

In other words, Clayton catches up to where we were yesterday morning. Yawn.

No Gruden, please. Harbaugh or bust.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Miamifins854Miamifins854New Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:27 PM

"Coral Reefer wrote:

I think that's what gives this legs.
John Clayton, if I'm not mistaken, had reported were not even on Harbaughs radar before.
Now the turn.


We just need to make a decision. No reason to treat Sparano like we are.

And I assume from your avatar that you either go, or went to UCF?

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:28 PM

"Tin Indian wrote:

Ya know, I really hate seeing this guy twisting in the wind. If they want to replace him, I wish they would give him the courtesy of just doing it.


You don't replace him if there's no one you can get to come in that you beleive is that special coach.

The Phins can salvage the situation if they don't get that special coach by keeping Sparano but forcing support staff like the OC out.

As for Sparano, he knows the game. He's in this position because of the performance of the team he's been in charge of.
A percentage of this failure comes back to him. We can argue how much but it dosen't change the fact that at least some of it is his own failings.

RIP Jetssuck

GarryowenGarryowenNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:29 PM

ESPN reported earlier that both Sparano and Ireland were retained.

CDcdnfinfanNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:29 PM

I hate the Rooney rule.

not so much that it makes teams HAVE to interview a coach based on his skin color. but because it forces a coach to HAVE to be interviewed just to fill a certain checkmark knowing the team already has their minds made up

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 06:29 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

If SF is out, I think we become the favorite. Denver is married to Tebow.


Is San Fran out??

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 06:30 PM

"Desides wrote:

In other words, Clayton catches up to where we were yesterday morning. Yawn.

No Gruden, please. Harbaugh or bust.


At this point, I'd welcome Gruden or even Nolan as now Sparano is getting a devaluaed, we need a new OC/QB Coach and by rights, Special Teams Coach, guys willing to work on 1 yr deals, 3 major Staff positions what noteworthy coach is going to roll the dice on a 1yr HC?

Granted Coughlin was in the same situation in 07.

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:31 PM

"Miamifins854 wrote:

We just need to make a decision. No reason to treat Sparano like we are.

And I assume from your avatar that you either go, or went to UCF?


I get the feelings for Sparano but it is the nature of a highly competitive field whether it be sports, business or anything else. If you're responsible for production and you don't deliver you know the situation. All he can hope for is another shot.
He'll get picked up elsewhere if it dosen't work out as well so he won't be in any bread lines.

Yes I went to UCF and played for them although short lived while we were Div. 1AA.
Very proud of UCF.

RIP Jetssuck

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:32 PM

"Garryowen wrote:

ESPN reported earlier that both Sparano and Ireland were retained.


Is there a link to that?

Crazy offseason already!

RIP Jetssuck

fragsfragsNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:34 PM

"Garryowen wrote:

ESPN reported earlier that both Sparano and Ireland were retained.


Espn also reported we are looking at Harbaugh, NFL.com also reported we are looking at Harbaugh, bleacherreport said we have had multiple conversations. Silence tends to discredit the notion of them being retained. Rather, they are retained if we do not get our guy, who is seemingly Harbaugh. Only time will tell.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 06:35 PM

"Ronnie Bass wrote:

Is San Fran out??


I think that is his most likely destination RB, early in the week when Harbaugh's name surfaced as a HC prospect for the NFL it was mentioned he really did not wish to move his family, and the 49ers Front Office is far more malleable with in effect no GM and really no one with any agendas, so it is much easier to say "yes' to the 49ers than it is to the Dolphins.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jan 4, 2011, 06:35 PM

"Ronnie Bass wrote:

Is San Fran out??


Clayton apparently reported its us or Denver.

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 06:38 PM

"padre31 wrote:

I think that is his most likely destination RB, early in the week when Harbaugh's name surfaced as a HC prospect for the NFL it was mentioned he really did not wish to move his family, and the 49ers Front Office is far more malleable with in effect no GM and really no one with any agendas, so it is much easier to say "yes' to the 49ers than it is to the Dolphins.


Nah, I know all pros and cons for him going to San Fran, it was the way schmolioot said if San Fran is out, it sounded like he heard or knew something.

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 06:39 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

Clayton apparently reported its us or Denver.


See Pads! Lol, and that's good news, thanks.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 06:41 PM

"Ronnie Bass wrote:

Nah, I know all pros and cons for him going to San Fran, it was the way schmolioot said if San Fran is out, it sounded like he heard or knew something.


FFg said something similar as well, only Harbaugh wanted to move his entire operation from Stanford to the NFL Gig, strength coaches, medical staff, the whole bit.

And no one knows anything at this point, not even so called "insider" John Clayton.

What would make SF make more sense is Harbaugh could be hired, then he could poach his GM from the Ravens organization.

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 06:41 PM

"Tin Indian wrote:

Ya know, I really hate seeing this guy twisting in the wind. If they want to replace him, I wish they would give him the courtesy of just doing it.

I understand it looks bad, and I think they know they don't have a shot at Harbaugh, but maybe Ross (who we know was pissed off by the way the season went) is sending a little message to Tony. Making him toss like this would be pretty mean, but its a cut throat world, the NFL.

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/