1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN: Bucs GM Discusses Reaction to New Uniforms: I Shouldn't Take Any Credit For It

Discussion in '2014 GM League Forum' started by MikeHoncho, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    TAMPA BAY, Fla. - Two years in the making has come to fruition for yet another Florida franchise, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers released photos of the team's new uniforms. The franchise, saw its only Superbowl victory come while sporting Buc red and pewter introduced after the 1996 season. "We give all the credit to our creative team, and two years of their hard work has resulted in this" as lmeister3, he incumbent GM added.

ESPN's Chris Mortenschefter sat down with the Buccaneer's GM to discuss the new look.

CM: Tell us about the thought process that went into the latest implementation of the Buccaneer brand.

LM: Apparently a couple years ago, the then creative team got together to hatch a re-branding; I'll take this time to point out that I was not, in any capacity, employed by the organization for this series of think tanks. It was only after my interview for the job, that I was asked to oversee the execution of the new branding efforts and have only really known of the initiative as long as I have had access to company emails. I had sparse contact with the [Nike Elite 51 designers] since. To be honest, I discarded most of the emails, and just assumed they had lost interest in the project; I didn't even realize these uniforms had gone into production until a few weeks ago. But it's too late now I guess. You know, I really thought the Nike designers understood the obvious sarcasm in my initial reply emails along the lines of "Yeah, great job guys! You really outdid your work on the Jaguars' helmet! Looking forward to seeing these on Sundays."

CM: Almost immediately on social media and discussion forums, the uniform has come under fire regarding the numbering and font type, with many fans decrying the "ridiculous alarm clock-looking" numbers. What would you say to these fans?

LM: We appreciate the fervor of the fans and would encourage them to consider this: If a pirate had an alarm clock, wouldn't he use it? We have already received a number of letters and emails about the uniform, and it seems that fans around the country are absolutely taking notice to it. Without going into much detail, our fan base has been very passionate and animated regarding the change, and we really appreciate their feedback. I stand behind this organization and its decisions, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with this initiative; Just wish to point that out for the record.

CM: Fans have declared the helmet as "dafuq" and the consensus is that "the size of that logo is ridiculous." What do you answer to the commentary about over-sized logo on the helmets?

LM: If you'd asked me off the record, I'd tell you how much I agree. That said, we really don't see the problem. The logo is now four times easier to see. Next question.

CM: What was the reaction from the players? Do you feel they will be happy to wear these on Sundays?

LM: At our unveiling photoshoot, we brought along Doug Martin, Lavonte David, and Gerald McCoy to show off the new uniforms. I can tell you that they were excited to try on the new threads, and you really could see that excitement in the photos. Our guys were thrilled.

CM: Rumors have since surfaced that some players were extremely disappointed in the change, and did not smile upon the prospects of making millions of dollars while dressing in that. According to the rumors, all three of the aforementioned were dealt away as a result. Can you confirm or deny these allegations?

LM: The Buccaneers organization is a family. As a family we encourage communication and constructive criticism of executive decisions. I can assure you that Lavonte, Doug and Gerald were not traded as a result of tantrums which may or may not have taken place throughout the course of the past few weeks. We wish them well in their careers. Also worth noting that, the players recently released had nothing but the best to say about the new look in the weeks leading up to their waiving.

CM: Earlier, you hinted at facetious criticism of the new designs, but you haven't explicitly stated your disdain for the new look. How do you feel about the latest branding of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

LM: I fully support the decisions of our creative team and the higher ups that back them. I also feel that they should take all the credit for this effort to bring about a new representation of this franchise. They all worked really really hard on this and I believe that this is absolutely the best they job that they could do. And that also includes the creative guys that I fired earlier today. I really mean that.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Paul 13 and DrAstroZoom like this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Sexy.

3. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    If only you put this much work into your team

4. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Adrian Peterson.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    And you still can't trade me Mike James :no:

6. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Gotta butter me up some.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Last time I brought over the butter barrels I needed therapy.

8. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    But I de-clawed the ferrets though. No surprises this time around.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RickyBobby likes this.
  9. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Don't worry. He'll cut him to make more room for a TE.

As a ferret owner I'll pretend you didn't just say that.

10. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    jesus christ mary joseph

[​IMG]

11. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    .... It's not bad, per se. It just... comes across as something you'd find from an alternate league, IMO.

Skeet84 likes this.
  12. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Hey Silver, check your messages numbnuts.

Paul 13 likes this.