1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eminem - Recovery

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by GridIronKing34, Jun 21, 2010.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I don't know if any of you guys are fans of Eminem (other than SICK), but his new album is great, IMO. Any of you guys picked it up yet?

anlgp and SICK like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    fantastic album. "no love" with lil wayne (who i hate) is awesome. even waynes part is good....its like he up'ed his game being on a song with EM (he doesnt wanna end up being left in the dust like jayz did on renegade)

some of my favorites....."no love" "on fire" "almost famous"

great album, hes back. its deep. i love it!

Anonymous, Boik14, Jaydog57 and 2 others like this.
  3. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    I left rap a few years ago

maynard likes this.
  4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I actually did get it man. I have yet to listen to it, really, but there are a few tracks that stand out. I don't know the names.

And yeah, I'll listen to almost anything. If I don't like it.. I just don't listen again.

5. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Plan on getting it this week. The online single 'Despicable' is really good, IMO.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Plan on getting it this week; Em, Jay Z, Jadakiss, and Nas are the only hip hop artists left Ill actually listen to.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    A great album. I Love the Way you Lie, Almost Famous, and and no love are my favorite songs.

8. anlgp

Space Bound.

9. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    space bound is my favorite as well...

eminem made a zimo album

10. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

I don't know why. Considering how terrible Eminem has been for a long time...

Haven't listened to new album yet. He's gotten so bad and annoying, I'm not sure ill even give it a listen

11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    M hasnt put out anything good ever.....he reminds me of Tyson, so gifted but yet so flawed...

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    he agrees.

from "cinderella man"

do yourself a favor and listen to recovery....

Anonymous likes this.
  13. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Just listened to most of it. I'm fading out of rap, but I liked the "space bound" reprise...

"I'm a space bound rocketship and you're adhkla sklasfdfhsathe(?) moon,

and I'm aimin' right at you...Right at you..."

14. anlgp

25 to life
    Cold wind blows

15. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I was the biggest fan. Really haven't listened to anything he put out since Eminem Show. Thanks for coming back to "semi old form".

16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Nsynch hasn't been the same without him

17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    This album is great, then again I didn't think Relapse was that terrible. It wasn't good music at all, but it was funny as hell.

I like Talkin 2 Myself, Cold Wind Blows, Wont Back Down, Going Through Changes and I cant believe no-one has mentioned W.T.P (White Trash Party) yet. I could listen to that song on repeat for days.

Anonymous likes this.
  18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    cinderella man is my favorite i think. i love the beat....but he spits absolute ****ing fire on "no love"

'people hate cause i like to spit on these ******* when i eat em/ need to get these **** suckers off stage where the **** is kayne when you need em'

i notice myself listening to the album yelling "ohhhhh ****ttt" on some rhymes haha

19. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think my favorite part of No Love is Lil Wayne in the background going "Oooh" and "Wow" and stuff after every sentence Em says :lol:

The "These fools cant drool or dribble a drop anymore" line on that song is pretty damn sick though. I did go "oh sh**" the first time I heard that one come out.

SICK likes this.
  20. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    " The spot gets smaller, and I get bigger..trying to get it where I fit in, no room for a nig-a"

Whatever that song is (if its on the new one) is friggin Niiiiiiice!

21. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Sorry had to throw this correction in there...this is "spitting absolute ****ing fire"

[​IMG]

what I believe you meant to say is that he raps real good. :hi5:

btw I love you <3 .......and hail Bathory!

22. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Solid comeback with Recovery. "Almost Famous" is the s*** as well as "Cold Wind Blows" Take out Lil Wayne and it's even better. Thought his verse was weak. jmo..

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I thought he was kind of dissing Lil Wayne in a few songs, even No Love a little bit. But I think Im making that up because I dont like Wayne lol

24. anlgp

25 to life .. best song on the album.

it's completely about rap and it's easy to tell, but any one who has ever ****ed you over gets this song dedicated to them from you at their funeral.

Alex44 likes this.
  25. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Man I just came to realization.

The song "Underground" off Relapse, should be the first song on Recovery.

anlgp likes this.
  26. anlgp

love the way you lie is good as well. i think the whole song was based around the part where he says "i'll tie her to the bed and set the house on fire." she then sings the chorus about "sit here and watch me burn but that's okay because i like the way it hurts".

i think they went from there. just might be my opinion, but a very strong emotional song.

i've noticed with rap that if i can't get into the lyrics right away I try and take them out and get into the beat. If I can't get into the beat I won't like the song.

27. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Samphin and BigDogsHunt like this.
  28. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I find it hard to not like Eminem. The guy is simply better than just about everyone else. Still is.

I have only heard a couple of his songs of the latest album, but I assume it is gold considering most of his stuff is just that.

29. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Two things I realized yesterday that made me laugh.

1) In a song on Relapse, one of the lyrics is "I'll pee on Rihanna" and she's on a track singing on Recovery.

2) Said song she sings on has lines about domestic violence LOL Chris Brown flashbacks.

30. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    For the most part, I like the album.

However, it's not his best work. Em's lyrics are great for the most part, but his hooks suck. His singing in these songs is terrible, especially on "your never over." Lyrics are tight, but the hook makes my ears bleed (although I did love the "cry little sister" chorus in the background). That's one song I can forgive given the content, but that probles exists everywhere. It's either really bad singing, or pop music sounding stuff. I didn't mind it on not afraid because it fit, but there is such a thing as going overboard, which seems to be a trend with the last 2 albums.

These last 2 albums have had these little problems that add up and stop it from being great. Better than Encore, but still no where in the league of SSLP and MMLP. It feels like Em is still confused with what direction he wants to go in.

I also miss the horror/violent tracks too, like 3 A.M. and Underground. He's the quentin tarantino of rap. I was listening to Em freestyle on Westwood over at youtube and he's ****ing killing it. Why he's not putting that **** on his albums I don't understand... Add in some of his deeper material, and he's back to SSLP/MMLP form.

31. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yeah I think I'm one of the few people who really likes Relapse a lot. The hooks/choruses are friggen great in it, it is one thing Recovery lacks.

32. anlgp

I think he knows exactly where to go, and maybe you don't support the direction he's going in? Why does he have to revert back to SSLP and MMLP?

Those parts of him are dead. He says "RIP DJ EM" in "Talkin' 2 Myself". He's not going back. He's going forward. Musicians who only want the spotlight tend to go back. Think Rolling Stones, or Metallica. When they play live material all you ever see are their old songs on setlists. It's because they know that's what the fans want.

Eminem is moving forward because he doesn't give a ****. You (generally) either understand that the music is moving with him and his life, or you (generally) can not listen.

He apologized to his fans (in "not afraid" and "talkin 2 myself" off the top of my head) because he didn't feel the music was him. Encore and Relapse were mentioned.. so other things are okay in his eyes.

At least that's how I take it.

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Em's one of the few artists I can listen to nowadays. Him, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, and Nas off the top of my head. Everything else is just average or below average. Aside from the ones listed above, I listen to reggae (Bob and Damian Marley, 10 Ft Ganja and that's it).

Regarding Em's latest albums and the old ones (MMLP, etc.), I think his older stuff is much better, although his stuff now is good too. He was on a whole different level back in the day.

Last, someone needs to take away Soulja Boy's microphone. He is AWFUL. His new "song", "Pretty Boy Swag", is so dumb.

34. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Considering he canceled relapse 2 because of relapse 1 and decided another direction, I think it's fair to say there's some confusion. At least I think so. Maybe I'm misreading it though.

He says RIP to DJ AM (the guy that died of drug overdose). The alter ego Slim Shady still lives.

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree completely. To be fair though, just because he said he didn't like relapse, it doesn't mean he hated everything out of it. Deja Vu was sick and I don't know anyone who hated that (just as an example, there are a few other excellent tracks too). One of the most deep and honest tracks he's written.

I think he's referring to the accents in those songs, not necessarily the content. Lyrically, he was on point and bent over backward to show off his technical skill. Most people agree that relapse would of been better without them (accents). But as I said, listen to the freestyle's on westwood. I think those are closer to the true eminem. Then again, I'm just a fan and don't really know.

35. anlgp

You're correct. You are just a fan and you don't really know.

And I'm in the same boat as well.

My response was just a guess, and AM is close enough to EM :lol:

He changed the name of the Relapse 2 to Recovery because he had flushed the drugs from his system and he created a different sound. He says that in one of the songs.. well, not why he changed the name, but why this sound is different than those "the last two CD's don't count encore i was on drugs relapse i was flushin'em out"

but hey we're both fans that enjoy him for different reasons so :hi5: for being a fan.

Clark Kent likes this.
  36. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    The Slim Shady alter ego isn't dead, this is just a more serious album.

Cold Wind Blows: How long will I be this way, Shady until my dying day.

W.T.P: Ill be the S-L to the I-M to the S-H-A-D-Y til theday I die

Etc

anlgp likes this.