Eli is no longer 'The Other Manning'
8 replies
Man has Eli matured in the last season and a half. It really wasn't all that long ago that people considered him a bust, a guy that wasn't playing up to his last name. Now when he takes the field you know he is going to make a play. He has learned to make the right decisions and find the open man. I don't know if he has the mind of Peyton but he has the physical ability of a young Brett Favre and a mind for the game that isn't second to many other than possibly his own brother.
Pretty much just want to give credit where it's due, Eli has really grown. He's become such a clutch player, you just expect him to make that clutch throw now.
Big thumbs up to him and the Giants.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
I love it. I am a big Manning fan in general.
He seems to find a way now with his team because IMO he is not that consistent yet and he still makes those boneheaded decisions/passes.
This is the best year of his career (so far). However, he still does make some boneheaded decisions as J said. He needs to work on that. As for being a fan of him, I dislike him.
"Dolphin1184 wrote:
I love it. I am a big Manning fan in general.
Me too. I like both of them. The Colts just lost tho'. I was pulling for them.

"jdang307 wrote:
He seems to find a way now with his team because IMO he is not that consistent yet and he still makes those boneheaded decisions/passes.
Every QB makes some bad plays. Peyton, Brett, Marino and so on because they aren't afraid to throw the ball in tight spots. It's a weakness I guess but it's something a lot of great QB's deal with.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
I love it when Peyton has that dumfounded look. To me, he's a guy that if he lost a game, something flukey or lucky had to happen. He's not really a stand up guy and when he called out his line after a playoff loss a couple of years ago, I started strongly disliking him.
I've always had a vandetta against the Colts. The only teams I hate more than the Colts are the Patriots and Jets.
Yeah, did you dislike Dan Marino when he called out his line as well?
I personally like Peyton Manning as he epitomizes class as a player. As for calling out his line that has been so overblown its ridiculous, add to that if my QB wasn't pissed after a playoff loss I would be worried. Plus there has been plenty of times Peyton puts all the blame on his shoulders after a loss.
As for Eli I don't dislike him in fact I'm glad he's doing well after all the crap he took for all these years and yes I admit I thought he was a bust.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
