1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egg Whites

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrClean, Sep 1, 2013.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Whole eggs, not just the whites.

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    right, big fella still gotta get his proteins...

3. MrClean

Eating just egg whites is not the best practice.

SICK, maynard, ToddPhin and 5 others like this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    When I make an egg white omelette for someone that size it would be 6 egg whites one yolk..he doesn't need all the yolks.

Stringer Bell and TooGoodForDez like this.
  5. MrClean

Please refer to post #15. You would throw out the most nutrient dense part of 5 of the 6 eggs?

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    His body at that size, and that ratio he has, the objective is to shift that ratio, to start that ratio in the other direction he doesn't need all that fat in one sitting.

7. MrClean

Not everyone agrees with that approach.

ToddPhin and Den54 like this.
  8. MrClean

Apparently you are confused.

9. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    No one is arguing that yolk is not nutritutions. The argument presented is against the quantity that you suggest. Eating 6 yolks will give you 300% of daily cholesterol levels. The argument against the yolks is not they are unhealthy, but that there is a limit beyond which they can be more harmful than beneficial.

10. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Coconut oil has been vilified for years as well.

11. pmj

pmj New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Lurker here but many newer studies indicate dietary cholesterol doesn't/barely affects bad cholesterol and that refined carbs and sugars are the problem in the American diet and not fats. See keto or paleo diets.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You have no idea who their talking about in that article, I highly doubt it's in reference to a 330lb man who has admittedly ignored nutrition is whole life, were probably talking about a kid with an obese fat ratio.

If your already in shape, and at a proper healthy ratio, like your self, then I'm fine with it..

You need to stop taking things so literal, and stop generalizing everyone into your theories..

Olive oil is good for you too, I'm not gonna make a fat guy drink inordinate amounts just because, why, because it has a tremendous amount of fat, good fat, yes, but the fat will still accumulate..

13. MrClean

I eat whole eggs all the time. Never had high cholesterol . Eating whole eggs raises your HDL (the good) cholesterol not the LDL, so improves your ratio of HDL to LDL, which is far more important than just looking at total cholesterol.

ToddPhin likes this.
  14. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    would you guys mind taking your egg discussion somewhere else? :wink2:

Ohiophinphan, byroan, bmicO and 3 others like this.
  15. MrClean

Undeservedly so too. It is the best and healthiest oil to use for cooking

16. MrClean

They are not MY theories. They are facts put forth by nutritional experts.

17. MrClean

Exactly! Thank you.

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    And nowhere did I see in those theories, they account for an obese 330 lb man trying to flip his ratio..

19. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I do keto and eat 3 whole eggs a day. They're filling and have healthy yet vilified fats.

MrClean likes this.
  20. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I'm 100% with Mr. Clean on this one. I eat at least 3 whole eggs a day..organic free range chickens fed with vegetarian diets to increase omega-3's...For my last physical in May, here were my cholesterol numbers:
    Total Cholesterol: 99
    HDL: 42
    LDL: 38
    Triglycerides: 91

MrClean likes this.
  21. MrClean

They are not theories, for the 2nd time. They are facts from nutritional experts that apply to all human beings. Eating fat does not necessarily make one fat. Eating too many heavy or starchy carbs can make a person increase their body fat ratio at least as much. Nothing can fatten up humans any better than grains, especially wheat and corn.
    The best way to lose body fat from a dietary standpoint is a Paleo type of diet

22. MrClean

The thing is, you could likely double the number of eggs you eat per day, and your numbers would still be just as good. I eat a lot of whole eggs, also take omega 3 capsules, and a tablespoon of cod liver oil per day and my triglycerides have always been well below 150 in blood tests, which is considered the normal range. I should get another blood test again soon, and report my numbers too. I doubt they would be quite as good as yours, those are the best I have ever seen. Never been above 150 in total cholesterol, though my lowest was 123.

DePhinistr8 likes this.
  23. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Exactly. I fry my whole free range chicken eggs in it along with everything else.

MrClean likes this.
  24. MrClean

In cast iron skillet? That is all I will use to fry in. I have used mine to make a bad *** quiche too. Organic spinach, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cheese, then pour in enough scrambled eggs to cover it, and bake in the oven at about 325 for an hour. First, I coat the skillet with coconut oil. It take between 16-19 eggs to make this quiche in the skillet I use. It keeps well in the fridge and lasts me about 2 days.
    I am not sure if that is technically what chefs would consider a quiche, just what I call it because my friend who showed me how to make it, called it that.

25. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    I do use a cast iron skillet. WE have a couple and learned as a kid from my grandmother how to bake corn bread in the oven with it.
    I use the extra virgin organic brand from Vitacost or Nutiva. I cook with it along with using it on my skin and hair.

MrClean likes this.
  26. MrClean

I have been using the Nutiva brand too. Costco has a good price on it. Better than I have found mail ordering from Amazon or Swansons.
    It is crazy how coconut oil got such a bad rep for so long. I read somewhere that it was commonly used in the US before WW2, then due to the war, it was hard or impossible to import any. People started using corn or soybean oil, it was made here and easy to get. They purveyors of those oils started a negative publicity campaign against coconut in the mid 1940s so as to maintain their hold on the market after importing would opened up again. It took decades before coconut oil was able to recover it's reputation. Luckily, about any would be acceptable, of course organic is best, but they do not and I think will never be able to genetically modify coconuts. Anything from inside a coconut shell is very good for us. I use the milk when I eat cereal or make a protein drink in the blender, eat the meat, drink the water when I can afford it. Expensive here, was dirt cheap in SE Asia.

Lately, I have been able to buy raw goat's milk and use it mainly make kefir, but drink some or use it on cereal also. If you do not make your own kefir, I highly recommend learning how, it is very easy, and make it part of your dietary regimen. I got some kefir grains for free from a friend, but if you do not know anyone who makes it, here is a good source for info and buying some grains. http://kefirlady.com/

27. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Not an Egnew thread. Oh.

maynard and Paul 13 like this.
  28. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Great info Marvin. I knew about the smear campaign. It's been a popular tactic throughout the years whether it's soybean vs coconut or Dupont vs hemp.

I too use canned coconut milk for recipes calling for milk. Use it in smoothies as well. Haven't had the pleasure of raw goat milk but occasionally buy regular goat milk at the grocery store.

A few other non mainstream foods I enjoy are chia seeds, raw honey, Ghee and Maca root powder.

MrClean likes this.
  29. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks man, I will certainly be upping my egg intake when my next program rolls around. I'm going to need those calories.

I had this physical done because I was getting a new life insurance policy. I had to look up what the numbers meant. Until recently I was fairly ignorant to total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, etc. I guess I should've known it was in a really good range when they called and offered me a better policy for the same amount I was quoted.

And that quiche recipe sounds awesome. I'm going to try that.

MrClean likes this.
  30. MrClean

I like raw honey too. From what I understand, it is much better if we buy honey that has come from hives with a certain close distance to where we reside. I have been told everything from 10 to 30 miles as acceptable distance. I currently get honey that comes from less than 10 miles away because it is available. If it wasn't I'd expand the distance. The main thing is buy from the party that has the hives, rather than in a grocery store.
    The concern about honey bee hive die off is really scary. Whether it is Neonicotinoids, Organophosphate, GMO crops, or a combination, our govt had better quit s*cking Monsanto's d*cks and ban that crap. Many if not most are banned in European countries. God, I despise Monsanto more than any entity, person, or thing on the face of this Earth.
    Anyway, if a person suffers from allergies or hay fever, eating honey that is from local hives is supposed to help against it. That is the reasoning behind buying as local as possible, besides knowing the source makes it more certain you are getting real raw honey. There is some fake honey, diluted with HFCS, out there being sold as real honey, most likely in major groceries.

Do you buy your Ghee, or make it? If you buy it, where do you get it?

31. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

Good stuff.
    Warning, it is addictive.

http://www.vitacost.com/purity-farms-organic-ghee-clarified-butter

Absolutely love this too.

http://www.vitacost.com/artisana-100-organic-raw-coconut-butter-16-oz

MrClean likes this.
  32. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    They aren't facts. They're theories put forth by nutritional experts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

33. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    From my experience I could only stomach a certain number of egg yolks. I used to eat around 14 eggs whites every morning in college. I'd probably include about 6-7 yolks. Sometimes less depending on my caloric target for that day. From a composition standpoint, its more about protein to calorie ratio than fat IMO.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

34. MrClean

The quiche ingredients are not set in stone. It is basically whatever things you like. About anything that would work in an omelet would be fine. I have used bell pepper, jalapenos, etc for the peppers. Also, kale instead of spinach or combined should be fine too. The temp and cooking time will vary depending on the size and depth of your pan and the stove itself. Good idea to monitor it more closely the first time. I am also going to try sprinkling in some turmeric next time. I have also chopped up ginger root and added it sometimes too, but I really like that taste and maybe not all do. When I am cooking brown rice in my rice cooker, I put slices of ginger right in the water with the rice too.
    When eating the quiche, kimchee is a great condiment to add on top. Or on any cooked eggs for that matter. Gets ya some fermented foods into your diet, which is good. Also, an avocado on the side goes great too.

I agree the organic free range eggs are the definite best choice and I get them when I can. Two friends have chickens and will just give me a dozen or sell a dozen for a buck to me sometimes. But, if I can only get regular eggs, I'll eat them just the same, just realizing I am not getting as much omega 3 or vitamin E, as the free range eggs offer, so be more cognizant of my supplementing of the omega 3. It is hard to find a good Vit E supplement, with a good mix of the various tocolpherols and tocotrienol compounds. Most just have alpha tocolpherols. It is good to balance it with the beta, gamma, and delta too. For a food to get E, sunflower seeds are very good, or wheat germ oil.

I am always looking for a good balance of beneficial things to add to my diet. Right now, I'm thinking it would be hard to beat starting the day with a tablespoon of cod liver oil, and a teaspoon of wheat germ oil. Sonne's is as good a cod liver oil as one will find. Viobin brand is a tried and true wheat germ oil.

Another supplement tidbit I came across recently. 2 of 3 people in this country are deficient in magnesium. If you want more info on magnesium and how to test to see if you are deficient, how to take it, which forms are best (there are several forms of mag), etc, check this web site: www.gotmag.org I have no affiliation to them and they do not directly sell magnesium but they are a valuable source of information.

35. MrClean

The facts are the nutritional makeup of an egg yolk compared to the egg white.
    Unless you consider this a theory:

36. MrClean

37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    This is good information, just please don't tell me that ingesting 6 egg yolks a day can be a positive in transforming an obese person, especially when your not taking into account the clients composition when you make the comments..

I fully understand the nutritional benefits of the whole egg, I choose to make up that loss in other forms while eliminating the fat..

38. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

Speaking of Magnesium, years ago I came across an article on natural sleep remedies. I swear by it and use it nearly nightly.
    You take 50 milligrams of zinc and 500 milligrams of magnesium on an empty stomach right before bed time.
    I sleep deeply but experience lucid dreaming. I actually enjoy the dreaming part. If you want to super size it, throw in a 25-50 milligram cap of 5-htp.
    But be warned that it might leave you feeling groggy the next day.

Do your own research on it.

MrClean likes this.
  39. MrClean

Which form of magnesium do you take? That web site suggests Glycinate or Malate as the best forms, as for digestion and utilization. Products like Calm which people take to help them sleep, is Citrate. I think any form is better than nothing, but the aforementioned are supposedly most beneficial.

40. MrClean

It depends on what else they eat each day.

You seem to believe that eating fat makes one fat. I do not agree. You suggested wheat toast with jam in addition to the egg whites. I would not suggest eating any bread when trying to lose body fat, except perhaps a Paleo bread such as made with coconut or almond flour.