Edwards vs Beck Part 1

10 replies

BIbillsfaninpeaceNew MemberOP
Dec 7, 2007, 09:37 PM

Could Sunday be the beginning of a long-time battle between these two quarterbacks, and the rejuvenation of a traditional rivalry between both teams?

I think so.

Edwards vs. Beck: Part I

:ffic: here is to Edwards taking the first Battle

Beck2GinnBeck2GinnNew Member
Dec 7, 2007, 10:11 PM

yeah i hope this is a good rivalry. shades of Marino/Kelly. :)

FIFINintheMOONLuxury Box
Dec 8, 2007, 03:06 AM

"Beck2Ginn wrote:

yeah i hope this is a good rivalry. shades of Marino/Kelly. :)

Well that is a stretch but I know what you mean... I am actually pretty confindent that Miami wins this game... But then again, I have been confident all season and will continue to be...:thumbup:

inFINSibleinFINSibleForum Veteran
Dec 8, 2007, 06:55 AM

I like Edwards. I wanted him in Miami on draft day. I was upset when he went to the Bills. I think he's going to be a great NFL QB.

That being said, I'm not unhappy with Beck at all. Never have been. I had Trent above Beck due to his size, that's it. I think Beck can be a great NFL QB also.

I look forward to seeing these guys square off for years to come. They should provide us some great games.

JSJsbaughNew Member
Dec 8, 2007, 09:37 AM

Trents stats are not much better than Becks and he is on a lot better team. With that said he will probaby be a good NFL QB. Becks problem is he was sort of thrown under the bus with this horrible Miami team. To many injuries, rookies and bad coaching decisions.
I do think that the fins win tomorrow with Beck throwing a couple of TD's.

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Dec 8, 2007, 09:57 AM

"Jsbaugh wrote:

Trents stats are not much better than Becks and he is on a lot better team. With that said he will probaby be a good NFL QB. Becks problem is he was sort of thrown under the bus with this horrible Miami team. To many injuries, rookies and bad coaching decisions.
I do think that the fins win tomorrow with Beck throwing a couple of TD's.

We should just start off with hoping for ONE offensive TD, let alone two.

inFINSibleinFINSibleForum Veteran
Dec 8, 2007, 10:00 AM

Nah, let's hope for 10 tds.:up:

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Dec 8, 2007, 10:08 AM

10 would be nice, I must admit...

TiP54TiP54New Member
Dec 8, 2007, 10:28 AM

"dolfan32323 wrote:

10 would be nice, I must admit...

Heck, I'll take any win.
If it's 0-2, so be it.

DODors156New Member
Dec 8, 2007, 03:14 PM

It seems that Edwards is much closer to Kelly status than Beck is too Marino. I hope Beck tears it up. Last Sunday was an awful showing, part not his fault but other parts it was. I hope Beck can finally throw his first TD pass and then some more. Lets chalk up win number one against the bills.

phunwinphunwinLuxury Box
Dec 8, 2007, 03:20 PM

I wasn't wild about Edwards in the draft, but he's developed very well so far, so good for him. As for Beck, I love the kid, but as with most rookies, it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back. And man, he stunk on Sunday. Hopefully he'll learn from it.