Early first round Phins' picks from some pundits:
172 replies
The crying over Ross is insane. The fuck do you want, Mike Brown? Jimmy Haslem? Jed York? Stan Kroenke? Fuck that noise. Owners are there to spend money. Ross is always willing to spend money. Just because you don't like Tannenbaum or Gase doesn't translate to him being "clueless" as an owner. You have no freaking idea how much worse than Ross it could get. If we don't get results, we will make changes, but kneejerk reactions to having a losing season after losing your QB, going through a hurricane and still playing in the division with the best team in the NFL for the last decade isn't a recipe for instant success or a good environment to chew through coaches.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Wow you are so easy to please.
I am not going to claim we have a great owner when this team hasn't won a playoff game under his watch.
How about if we can get to the AFC championship I'll bump him up a notch.
Stop trying to pretend I'm happy with the state of the team. This isn't about what I am and am not happy about.
I'm asking you specific a question.
- Does an owner/coach/qb/etc. suck until they win? For example, did Jeff Laurie suck until they won a SB this year?
This is a simple yes or no question, and it shouldn't be hard for you to answer.
"LI phinfan wrote:
My apologies then, but I think he deserves even more than next season, without being on the hot seat Let him build this his way. He finally has a few of the coaches in place he wanted when he took the job.
The real problem is if they go 6-10 who is to blame?I don't want to see a repeat of ireland and philbin.If one goes they all go.
So here is hoping for 10-6 or better.
Just remember not everybody has the same amount of patience.I was a little kid when they won those super bowls.
"Fin D wrote:
Stop trying to pretend I'm happy with the state of the team. This isn't about what I am and am not happy about.
I'm asking you specific a question.
- Does an owner/coach/qb/etc. suck until they win? For example, did Jeff Laurie suck until they won a SB this year?
This is a simple yes or no question, and it shouldn't be hard for you to answer.
No jeffery lurie went to NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Eagles organization is light years better than the dolphins.
"pumpdogs wrote:
No jeffery lurie went to NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Ok. So before he went to NFCCG, did he suck?
Of course.He realized his mistake with ray rhodes and changed the direction of the team when he hired andy reid.
The next mistake was chip kelly but he quickly fixed that issue also.Great owner!
"pumpdogs wrote:
Of course.He realized his mistake with ray rhodes and changed the direction of the team when he hired andy reid.
The next mistake was chip kelly but he quickly fixed that issue also.Great owner!
is this donald trump?
very sad!
"pumpdogs wrote:
Of course.He realized his mistake with ray rhodes and changed the direction of the team when he hired andy reid.
The next mistake was chip kelly but he quickly fixed that issue also.Great owner!
So great owners can make mistakes and suck, but if given the chance make good choices and then be great.
I guess the Eagles fans are lucky that he never sold the team during his "clueless" years.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Of course.He realized his mistake with ray rhodes and changed the direction of the team when he hired andy reid.
The next mistake was chip kelly but he quickly fixed that issue also.Great owner!
So, he sucked for awhile, and if you had been a fan you'd be screaming about he needed to go.
Meanwhile back at the draft.........
I am the sweat not the swagger.

"Boomer wrote:
Meanwhile back at the draft.........
Haha! I forgot what the topic of this post even was..
"Phinsfan92 wrote:
3. Vita Vea : If the rumors are true regarding Suh possibly on his way out, Vea would be the best replacement for Suh and imo the only interior dlineman worth a pick this early. Vita would help eat up blockers like Suh and would help our other guys like Harris get to the QB.
You forgot @ 1/10 Suh's salary

"bigballa2102 wrote:
I agree but I don't think RT and the #11 is enough for the browns #1 but maybe the #4? what is RT trade stock rt now after an injury and virtually no one but dolphin fans seeing that he can be a top guy? I feel with the browns past they are going to dig deep into the draft and get a hit instead of striking out all the time? I could be wrong but if it was a possibility I would definitely entertain the idea.
So add Landry to the mix with RT and #11 to move up

anybody have insight on tim settle as an option for the interior d line?
"The Finest wrote:
anybody have insight on tim settle as an option for the interior d line?
Quick, agile, athletic, very strong. Can play NT, the 3, 4 and IMO the technique. A true pocket collapser. My concern would be his weight. He's 335 and had trouble controlling it. You could see a kid like him being 375 in a heartbeat and losing what makes him such a tempting top 75 proposition.
I am the sweat not the swagger.

"miamiron wrote:
So add Landry to the mix with RT and #11 to move up
I think the browns would take landry the #11 for their 4th for sure, I just don't think RT has any trade stock personally but I like where your heads at, even though I don't want to lose landry
"bigballa2102 wrote:
I think the browns would take landry the #11 for their 4th for sure, I just don't think RT has any trade stock personally but I like where your heads at, even though I don't want to lose landry
Sad to lose Landry, and he brings a lot to the table but our table is to bare to not take advantage of opportunities he may provide with proper transactions and the extra bucks he would provide us. Landry wants 15 mil. Thats a Norwell plus which actually will be better for our future, if our FO had half a brain....
QB pretty much always a plus if there is a reasonable upgrade. But again we're still in Tannehill mode whether we like it or not and could be more beneficial focusing more on one in the future.
How about keeping 11 though I do want Nelson really bad and 11 probably not cutting it but keep 11 and get Browns 33, or 35 for Landry, might be more do able but still a long shot. Browns own 2 of the top 3 picks in Rd. 2. They could still get one player they want, and one of those picks might have been a WR anyway its a need, plus the Browns have 110 mil. in cap space.. We would have a few options with 33 or 35...
"Walter wrote:
Ya your right
SO WE MIGHT AS WELL JUST THROW IN THE TOWEL !!!!!Down Year lol...your funny... try 2 decades of down years....
Could have grown that friggin tree and picked that Head Coach and GM by now.....lmao
Walter, being a life long Dolphins fan since 1972, there are few here who have endured as many heartbreaks as I have over the decades so once again, in this post responding to yours and echoing what I've said many times over already...
Adam Gase came into Miami in 2016...a first time head coach and took a team that was 6-10 the previous year, with virtually the same roster from 2015 and finished the season 10-6...including a 6 game winning streak and unfortunately having to play the last 3 regular season games with the backup quarterback under center and we STILL went to the playoffs.
2017 was the season from hell, with everything that could go wrong, going wrong. A schedule that had us travelling 12,000 miles in the first 5 games of the season, losing our starting quarterback, a catastrophic hurricane that not only caused the postponement of our first game and the loss of our bye, but the distraction of players and team staff having to worry about their families in the aftermath of said hurricane...all while still trying to do their job...the signing of a retired quarterback which made sense on paper, but didn't ever pan out as he never truly un-retired...an offensive line that played so poorly due to its coach being a strung coke head.
The fact that we won 6 games last season is a miracle in itself. I'm actually quite confident we're going to win 10 games next season and for someone whose been through as many heartaches as I have since 1972 that in itself, says something.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
I really want it to be the UGA LB Smith. We are clueless at linebacker right now...
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
Walter, being a life long Dolphins fan since 1972, there are few here who have endured as many heartbreaks as I have over the decades so once again, in this post responding to yours and echoing what I've said many times over already...
Adam Gase came into Miami in 2016...a first time head coach and took a team that was 6-10 the previous year, with virtually the same roster from 2015 and finished the season 10-6...including a 6 game winning streak and unfortunately having to play the last 3 regular season games with the backup quarterback under center and we STILL went to the playoffs.
2017 was the season from hell, with everything that could go wrong, going wrong. A schedule that had us travelling 12,000 miles in the first 5 games of the season, losing our starting quarterback, a catastrophic hurricane that not only caused the postponement of our first game and the loss of our bye, but the distraction of players and team staff having to worry about their families in the aftermath of said hurricane...all while still trying to do their job...the signing of a retired quarterback which made sense on paper, but didn't ever pan out as he never truly un-retired...an offensive line that played so poorly due to its coach being a strung coke head.
The fact that we won 6 games last season is a miracle in itself. I'm actually quite confident we're going to win 10 games next season and for someone whose been through as many heartaches as I have since 1972 that in itself, says something.
Was sittin on the 45 yd line about 60 rows up when Joe Auer ran back our very first touch of the ball. think it was 66 ?
We had some bad years following with Mr Wilson and by 72 we had developed a strong team thanks to Mr Don Shula. Didn't take him to long either for he knew what he was doing. Different mind set to where the excuses you lay out today, Zonk, Merc. Marks Bros. those guys would have laughed at. or shula would have Kicked their azz..
.
I wasn't even looking for playoffs but rather the wisdom of a new head coach in touch with what we had and realizing the huge non subtle need to rebuild our team.... And the importance of the OL didn't seem to be in his workbook and after 4-5 games in realized that he was knee deep in doo doo with out a way out...That IMO was a sign... Hey he's our coach now for another year at least so Im hoping he's learned alot in the 2 years and builds a team for future success a year or 2 or 3 down the road...
Curious, RT goes down in the pre-season would you be for picking up Cutler again now you've witnessed what he brings to the table...
Our difference is more the level of standards we hold people accountable. Friggin 10-6 just doesn't do it for me...
"Berezo wrote:
I really want it to be the UGA LB Smith. We are clueless at linebacker right now...
Smith is overrated. He is not the answer. Especially not as a Sam linebacker in our wide nine defense which is where we need him. He will get swallowed up by blockers.
Only LB I think is worth taking at 11 is Tremeaine Edmunds.
"hitman8 wrote:
Smith is overrated. He is not the answer. Especially not as a Sam linebacker in our wide nine defense which is where we need him. He will get swallowed up by blockers.
Only LB I think is worth taking at 11 is Tremeaine Edmunds.
If he’s not there at 11, what about a trade down and grabbing Leighton Vander Esch
Randy the G.O.A.T
"Phinsfan92 wrote:
If he’s not there at 11, what about a trade down and grabbing Leighton Vander Esch
I like Esch and I would love a trade down if Nelson or Edmunds are not there at 11. That is a lot better idea than picking Smith at 11.

