EA Conference Call: Wii Commitment, Dead Space Wii, Mass Effect 2, Delays, etc.
9 replies
...
great , deadlines. You know how well developers do when they have strict deadlines,
"Dannyg28 wrote:
great , deadlines. You know how well developers do when they have strict deadlines,
Well they're giving Bioware WAYYY more time than they need. If Bioware was really serious about getting Mass Effect 2 out this year, they could have gotten it done. EA is giving them a whole nother 4 months AFTER that. The fact that EAs actually giving them that much time kind of disappoints me. That's over 2 years to make a sequel that most likely runs off the same engine.
As for Dead space on the Wii, if it's a new title and not a port, that could be VERY cool.
EDIT: I forgot Biowares never worked with the PS3 yet, that would explain the delay. Cause that game is most likely going to be multi-platform.
"Medieval954 wrote:
February 3, 2009 - During its fiscal third quarter earnings call today, Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello announced a Wii version of last year's horror shooter Dead Space is on the way. No other details were revealed, but IGN has heard it will be an original take on the game that makes full use of the Wii remote.
with Nintendo also announcing a few minor changes to the game...

* Mass Effect 2 will be released no later than April 2010.
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I though a whole year to wait was painful last year when all the other big name games were coming out. Now I have to wait even longer. It pains me to read this :cry:
Is it supposed to be a remake of the original Dead Space story? Or will it be an new story Arch? I hope it's the later...
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
EA's pathetic reason in a conference call for pushing back The Godfather II is because "GTA DLC, Killzone 2, and Street Fighter are coming out within a week of the original release date." - if they're not confident in their own product, why should the buyer be? The game must suck.
And as gay as it sounds, I was actually anticipating The Sims 3 more than any other game announced for 2009 (Save Killzone 2). I skipped The Sims 2, but I've got great childhood memories from the original Sims. I ran into a trailer by mistake and it shot up to #1 on my list. Oh well. More time for Killzone 2. I'll jump straight from that to The Sims 3 in June. Don't tell my girlfriend or any of my boys, though.

Kanye West wrote:
I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?
"High Definition wrote:
EA's pathetic reason in a conference call for pushing back The Godfather II is because "GTA DLC, Killzone 2, and Street Fighter are coming out within a week of the original release date." - if they're not confident in their own product, why should the buyer be? The game must suck.
And as gay as it sounds, I was actually anticipating The Sims 3 more than any other game announced for 2009 (Save Killzone 2). I skipped The Sims 2, but I've got great childhood memories from the original Sims. I ran into a trailer by mistake and it shot up to #1 on my list. Oh well. More time for Killzone 2. I'll jump straight from that to The Sims 3 in June. Don't tell my girlfriend or any of my boys, though.
That's not uncommon practice though, even for games that are sure fire sellers.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
That's not uncommon practice though, even for games that are sure fire sellers.
Yeah I don't fault EA for doing that. It's just smart business. The average consumer can only afford one of those games, and ps3 owners will already be torn enough with steet fighter and killzone.
"Stitches wrote:
That's not uncommon practice though, even for games that are sure fire sellers.
And hell Microsoft does it for all their games. Makes sure to spread it out.
"Medieval954 wrote:
Dead Space Extraction (Wii)
The title, jointly developed by EA and Eurocom, is a ground-up installment billed as a prequel that "reveals the events leading up to Isaac Clarke's mission on the USG Ishimura," the storyline which powered the previously released PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 game. The Wii title is set for a fall 2009 release.
IGN trailer
----------Was looking forward to this until...
IGN: What prompted the decision to transform the Dead Space experience into an on-rails shooter for Wii?
Steve: Extraction is not your typical Rail Shooter. Our goal is to innovate and push the genre forward like Dead Space did for third-person action survival horror.
**** you EA.
thats sooo much better than Mass Effect 2


