E3 2012

59 replies

DesidesDesidesForum VeteranOP
Jun 3, 2012, 10:37 PM

Hey, remember when we used to have huge threads about E3? Remember last year when I was the only person posting in it? :lol: That's not happening this year because work is hell lately. But let's kick it off with Nintendo's pre-E3 show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AkPdAWfFjI

tl;dw Wii U is the console's final name, the controller has been slightly tweaked, has built-in video chat, gyro controls, and web browsing.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jun 3, 2012, 11:33 PM

Nice that Microsoft is making an 360 controller available for the WiiU. :shifty:

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jun 3, 2012, 11:46 PM

Excited for the Gears game.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 08:47 AM

"Stitches wrote:

Nice that Microsoft is making an 360 controller available for the WiiU. :shifty:

For those who don't know what Stitches is talking about. There's a second "Pro" controller for Wii U.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jun 4, 2012, 10:42 AM

That is a great idea for the Wii to come out with a controller as a lack of one held them back to rather simple style games IMO.

Btw, it was nice of Nintendo to make an N64 controller available for the XBox. You act as if MS was the main company of innovation here Stitches.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 11:11 AM

Expecting any more information on GTA V ?

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 11:17 AM

"SICK wrote:

Expecting any more information on GTA V ?

Expecting, yes. Whether we'll get anything is another story. GTA V feels like a 2013 game to me.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 11:20 AM

"Desides wrote:

Expecting, yes. Whether we'll get anything is another story. GTA V feels like a 2013 game to me.

Unless they are planning something else, Rockstar is not going to be at e3.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 11:34 AM

"Desides wrote:

Expecting, yes. Whether we'll get anything is another story. GTA V feels like a 2013 game to me.

Me too, I knew the fall '12 release was probably going to change. Hopefully not too much. I was hoping to see a snipet of video, or some more info. **** has been sealed tight as a freezer bag to this point.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 11:36 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Unless they are planning something else, Rockstar is not going to be at e3.

They won't have a booth. That doesn't mean they won't be in Microsoft or Sony's press conferences demoing a game or games.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 11:47 AM

"Desides wrote:

They won't have a booth. That doesn't mean they won't be in Microsoft or Sony's press conferences demoing a game or games.

That is probable. I have read that they will have no e3 presence at all.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Jun 4, 2012, 12:23 PM

"Desides wrote:

For those who don't know what Stitches is talking about. There's a second "Pro" controller for Wii U.

That doesnt look like a 360 controller, the D-pad would have to be crappy.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jun 4, 2012, 12:48 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

That is a great idea for the Wii to come out with a controller as a lack of one held them back to rather simple style games IMO.

Btw, it was nice of Nintendo to make an N64 controller available for the XBox. You act as if MS was the main company of innovation here Stitches.

No one could ever confuse an Xbox controller with an N64 controller.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Jun 4, 2012, 01:01 PM

The NFC thing is incredibly gimicky and just a way for companies to make more money.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 01:34 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

The NFC thing is incredibly gimicky and just a way for companies to make more money.

So is DLC, episodic gaming, ports, remakes, etc. Can't be any more gimmicky than the Wiimote.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Jun 4, 2012, 01:49 PM

I will be buying the South Park RPG.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 04:19 PM

Madden has a whole new dynamic physics engine. About freaking time!

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jun 4, 2012, 04:41 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Madden has a whole new dynamic physics engine. About freaking time!

You have a link? I'll take any new info on Madden 13 at the moment. I heard a rumor that they are waiting for next gen console (yes, PS4 to be launched in 2013) for them to make significant changes to Madden.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 04:45 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

You have a link? I'll take any new info on Madden 13 at the moment. I heard a rumor that they are waiting for next gen console (yes, PS4 to be launched in 2013) for them to make significant changes to Madden.

It should be a link soon. I just reported what I saw on the EA press conference. They call it the "infinity engine."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11914-E3-2012--Madden-NFL-13-Details-Revealed.html here you go

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 04:51 PM

Wow, UFC is now part of EA Sports.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jun 4, 2012, 05:01 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

It should be a link soon. I just reported what I saw on the EA press conference. They call it the "infinity engine."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11914-E3-2012--Madden-NFL-13-Details-Revealed.html here you go

Thanks man! Just did a quick youtube search and came up with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c68wVNT5RDA

Is that Madden or Back Breaker? :shifty: Not sure how refined the system will be though. EA will still probably utilize players being sucked into each other, etc. but this is def. a step in the right direction.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 05:51 PM

Wow, that Wii video is completely unwatchable. I'd be surprised if the new Nintendo is anything other than an epic bust.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 05:54 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

Thanks man! Just did a quick youtube search and came up with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c68wVNT5RDA

Is that Madden or Back Breaker? :shifty: Not sure how refined the system will be though. EA will still probably utilize players being sucked into each other, etc. but this is def. a step in the right direction.

For all the talk, I never thought backbreaker was that realistic. The runningbacks never tried hard enough not to get blown away

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 4, 2012, 07:49 PM

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Jun 4, 2012, 08:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H1BQXRCKH50

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.