E3 2009

459 replies

MEMedieval954New MemberOP
Feb 19, 2009, 12:30 AM

...

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Feb 19, 2009, 01:02 AM

I wonder what microsoft has planned to steal the show this year? To be honest when they announced FFXIII wouldn't be exclusive, that DID steal the show last year, even though it's still so far away.

Possibly Gears of War 3? There are some rumors out there.

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Feb 19, 2009, 12:38 PM

You can bet on a Gears3 announcement... Maybe even something Halo related. I'd expect Forza 3 and maybe some new "innovation" crap to try to win the Wii crowd.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Feb 19, 2009, 01:42 PM

Id love some news on a new Halo. Mass Effect as well, though isnt 2 gonna be cross platform?

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Feb 19, 2009, 01:58 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Id love some news on a new Halo. Mass Effect as well, though isnt 2 gonna be cross platform?

Its microsoft exclusive 'for a time'. It'll come to ps3 probably a month or two after the 360 version.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Feb 19, 2009, 02:43 PM

Don't care because Blizzard will not be there to show of Diablo 3 :cry:

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Feb 19, 2009, 02:52 PM

c'mon kotor 3. do it do it do it do it

Phinz420Phinz420New Member
Feb 19, 2009, 03:11 PM

"pennphinfan wrote:

c'mon kotor 3. do it do it do it do it

Doubtful with them working hard on a KOTOR MMORPG.

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Feb 19, 2009, 06:25 PM

"Phinz420 wrote:

Doubtful with them working hard on a KOTOR MMORPG.

don't remind me :tantrum: haha

dolphan117dolphan117Luxury Box
Feb 19, 2009, 07:26 PM

I dont think we will hear anything about a new Halo, but I bet we get some kind of new game from bungie.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Feb 19, 2009, 08:30 PM

Used to go to E3 every year in high school. Not so much these days. Sure hope big announcements can bring it back to its glory days.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Feb 19, 2009, 11:29 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

Don't care because Blizzard will not be there to show of Diablo 3 :cry:

Blizzcon '09? :up:

Get Up And GoGet Up And GoNew Member
Apr 29, 2009, 10:21 AM

I'm for sure interested in the redesigned PSP.

UltraUltraForum Veteran
Apr 29, 2009, 11:34 AM

"dolphan117 wrote:

I dont think we will hear anything about a new Halo, but I bet we get some kind of new game from bungie.

I would agree that Bungie will probably release something, and I also think that Microsoft will mention something about the new Halo expansion ODST that comes out this year.

dolphan117dolphan117Luxury Box
Apr 29, 2009, 11:49 AM

Very interested to see what Microsoft does..... I mean they always hype this stuff to an unbelievable level and you never know how much to trust it but given the way its worded they have to be either talking about a hardware change/new console/something or adding a new feature to the 360 that would make it much more of an entertainment center.

Given that you can already watch DVD's on it and stream stuff from Netflix I wonder what that would be?

Ability to brows the Net maybe? But the wii already does that (does the ps3 as well?) so I'm not sure how that would "revolutionarize" anything. If it is indeed a network that allows a paid TV service over the 360, now that would be VERY exiting.

I am honestly still kinda surprised that Internet based TV hasn't taken off yet, its possibe with decent quality even from less then fully legal avenues that probably aren't well funded. One would think if a large company did it that it could be made very workable, at least for none HD stuff, which would be a start.

I would think its could also be cheaper as well since whoever did it would have no hardware cost to speak of. No cable lines to maintain and no satellites to put in orbit like a dish company. Seriously, why hasn't this went mainstream?

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Apr 29, 2009, 01:02 PM

"dolphan117 wrote:

Very interested to see what Microsoft does..... I mean they always hype this stuff to an unbelievable level and you never know how much to trust it but given the way its worded they have to be either talking about a hardware change/new console/something or adding a new feature to the 360 that would make it much more of an entertainment center.

Given that you can already watch DVD's on it and stream stuff from Netflix I wonder what that would be?

Ability to brows the Net maybe? But the wii already does that (does the ps3 as well?) so I'm not sure how that would "revolutionarize" anything. If it is indeed a network that allows a paid TV service over the 360, now that would be VERY exiting.

I am honestly still kinda surprised that Internet based TV hasn't taken off yet, its possibe with decent quality even from less then fully legal avenues that probably aren't well funded. One would think if a large company did it that it could be made very workable, at least for none HD stuff, which would be a start.

I would think its could also be cheaper as well since whoever did it would have no hardware cost to speak of. No cable lines to maintain and no satellites to put in orbit like a dish company. Seriously, why hasn't this went mainstream?

Yes, the PS3 has a web browser but to be honest it sucks. I THINK it is Linux based. It's almost impossible to watch streaming video from anyone that is not YouTube because PS3 has no codec support.

What I want from PS3 is a PVR/DVR attachment. There has been rumours about it for a long time but I have not heard anything in awhile. If I could record TV programs on my PS3 in high quality that would make me a very happy human being.

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Apr 30, 2009, 12:34 AM

"Medieval954 wrote:

PlayTV

Only available in Europe though.

:pity:

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Apr 30, 2009, 08:49 AM

"Medieval954 wrote:

PlayTV

Only available in Europe though.

Isn't that because the television coding or something like that here is different (I think because Europe uses closed circuit television that is why they can use it)?

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
May 8, 2009, 02:00 PM

"Medieval954 wrote:

Gran Turismo 5 finally being shown at E3?

Obviously everything that follows is only rumor but you will see these are credible and drolement especially precise.

A mysterious stranger now rampant on a GT5 forum in Japan and it was in france.

Gran Turismo 5 will be presented at E3 in the U.S., he will release on PS3 and PSP ....

And especially following information cited by the source with in addition a list of all the circuits that will be present in the game:

- Online game at 16 with voice chat in game

- Possibility of creating teams online

- 600 vehicles

- Rally and race tourism and F1 will be present.

- 94 circuits, not counting reverse (!)

French PS3 forum (Google Translate)

Please tell me they're adding car damage...

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
May 9, 2009, 11:02 PM

"mor911 wrote:

Please tell me they're adding car damage...

I always enjoyed being able to do super cornering by ramming other vehicles. :up:

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
May 11, 2009, 03:57 PM

Supposedly, this is a leaked list of Microsoft's big E3 announcements:

* Xbox Fluid - the new 360 motion-sensing camera
* Splinter Cell: Conviction
* Halo ODST
* Alan Wake
* APB
* GTA4: BAAFLC
* "Richter"
* Assassin's Creed 2
* Lost Planet 2
* Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumored-Microsoft-E3-09-lineup-leaked-includes-big-MGS4-finale-/pg/49/aid/131202

Nice!

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 11, 2009, 04:09 PM

about time Alan Wake

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
May 11, 2009, 04:36 PM

MGS4 would be huge and would probably lead me to hang myself as the last reason I chose a PS3 over a 360 would come to pass. If its true...thanks Sony for leading me to believe there would only be one place I could find my favorite game series on but I should have known better. Maybe I won't regret it and this is a rumor. :pity:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
May 11, 2009, 05:27 PM

"sking29 wrote:

MGS4 would be huge and would probably lead me to hang myself as the last reason I chose a PS3 over a 360 would come to pass. If its true...thanks Sony for leading me to believe there would only be one place I could find my favorite game series on but I should have known better. Maybe I won't regret it and this is a rumor. :pity:

You got to play it how long before on PS3, even if it came out later for 360? And if that was the only reason you chose a ps3 over a 360, you should have just got a 360 and waited for a ps3 to drop in price (like I did with the original xbox). :tongue2:

If that list is true though, count me psyched for:
Halo: ODST
Assassin's Creed 2
Lost Planet 2

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
May 11, 2009, 05:39 PM

We'll see about MGS4. I'm skeptical about it.