1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dylan Favre Commits to Mississippi State

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by KB21, Jan 3, 2010.

1. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Dylan Favre announced his commitment to play for Dan Mullen and Mississippi State after he played in the Offense/Defense All American Bowl today. Dylan is the nephew of former Southern Mississippi quarterback Brett Favre. Dylan rewrote the record books in Mississippi high school football this season. He lead his St. Stanislaus Rockachaws to a 14-1 record and the 4A State Championship. On the season, Dylan completed 65% of his passes for 5,589 yards and 63 touchdowns. He also had 1,265 yards rushing and 18 touchdowns on the ground. He set the record for most touchdown passes in a single season and in a career, shattering the latter record by 40 touchdowns. For his career, Dylan was 763 of 1,221 (63%) for 12,486 yards and 144 touchdowns. Dylan was named the Mississippi Gatorade Player of the Year and the Offense/Defense National Player of the Year.

And the reason he wasn't more highly recruited is because he is 5'11" tall.

2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
  3. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    I watched him play against Lafayette County in the 4A state championship game. The guy can sling it! He's the best passer I've ever seen at the Mississippi high school level. He's short, but he's got a heck of an arm and his anticipation skills on the field are second to none. I will tell you this. I watched the Under Armor game today, and I'd take Dylan Favre over any of the quarterbacks I saw in that game. If that game is an indication of the quarterback play that is coming down the pike, then this position is in deep trouble. I think Favre could very well be similar to Chase Daniel at the college level.

4. Bjorn

Bjorn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Maine
    Hopefully he's not done growing yet. I was 5'10 when I graduated HS and now stand 6'3. The way KB talks the kid sounds like he can play. Hope we all get to see him in a couple years.

5. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Thats a really long stretch. Those QB's were playing against some of the best talent in the country. I can look anyone of those QB's you say today and show you better film than Dylan Favre had. He is a 2 star for a reason and he was never over looked.

6. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    He is a 2 star for the same reason Todd Reesing was a 2 star and Chase Daniel was a 3 star. He doesn't have the offers from the big boys. I don't buy into the star ratings very much. I buy into what my eyes see. The last quarterback that I saw in this state that was this good of a passer was when I played against Romaro Miller in high school. I think people around here forget about Romaro, but this guy kept Eli Manning on the bench at Ole Miss for two seasons and was a three year starter in the SEC. He also was around 5'11" as well.