1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropped Passes at Texas A&M

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphans Unite!, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Dolphans Unite!

Dolphans Unite! Banned

Aug 17, 2014
  2. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
  3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So if Tannehill sat on the bench for two years before getting his shot at QB as opposed to actually contributing for his team, he would not have been as much a reach according to Lombardi?

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He doesn't have the skill of changing trajectories, and he throws slants about as hard as he can.

5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

But I think thats where coaching comes into play. Think about it DJ...Im pretty sure we would be on the same page with this.

Id practice throwing the ball at various speeds over and over again. Hes got to get down what it feels like. Id also have Tannehill take ballet lessons....seriously. That or Yoga...he needs to become more flexible in the core. Id want to see that boy do a complete split like Bruce Lee. Flexibility is huge, you dont play stiff. Yoga would be great....he needs to visualize throwing the ball deep to Wallace....visualize and imprint on the brain making completions. I think you need to think out of the box with Tannehill. The kid has Hall of Fame athletic ability. But...something isnt allowing him to tap into that. But you cant be afraid of trying something out of the ordinary to unleash that QB beast inside. Its there...god damn I know its there. Watch him play at A&M...just have to reach it.

You know what he needs...he needs the Apollo Creed version of training...like what he did with Rocky in the movies. (thats just a visual example of what I mean)