1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Dogma

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Dol-Fan Dupree, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    [video=youtube;NrCiV4LOYk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4[/video]

I played the demo of this game yesterday. It was a short demo, however I had tons of fun. I made a character that was an archer and I never had so much fun being an archer.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I see I was the only person interested in this game.

I bought it last night and played for a few hours. Does the cool Kingdom of Amaluar(sp?) thing of allowing me to change classes at any time. Which is neat because it will help combat from not being boring.

In the first few hours I have defeated a huge Griffen, Ogre, and Hyrda.

So far the game has mixed reviews. Some people kind of like it, some people love it and joystiq hates it. I would check this game out. Bridges the idea of having a open world with really fun gameplay.

3. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Honestly haven't heard much of this-- looks cool though from that video.

4. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Been watching a lot of videos on it and seems to be pretty good, heard mostly positive things. I am catching up on the Assassin's Creed series and then might pick it up. The pawn system is interesting and something I haven't really seen in a game before, least not implemented how it is.

edit: Love the OXM videos on it, commentator cracks me up. It was those videos that really got me excited for the game.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Been playing the game. At first the game was really frustrating. Then I learned the secret. "Spend Rift points" whatever those things are called. The game isn't balanced that great. There was this quest I was on where I had to kill some bandits to find some book. Half way through the quest I ran into some bandits that were way too tough for my level. They could kill me in one hit. Which was frustrating. I didn't play for about two weeks, and logged in again this weekend. When your personal pawn is used by other users you get paid in rift points, which you can spend on higher level pawns. Not playing for two weeks, I was able to get 50,000 rift points from people.

I decided to get two 40 level pawns for 20,000 points and as long as I pelted the bandits with arrows, I was able to take them out. Now that I am able to complete quests, I am having a lot of fun with the game. I hope it succeeds because a sequel to this game could be amazing.