Dragon Age: Inquisition

195 replies

branbranNew Member
Dec 10, 2014, 07:57 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

As a PS4 gamer, this patch should solve any and all issues that I was having- and those were hardly game breakers as it was. I've read that PC gamers may have some more issues to deal with involving textures.

the only problem i had in terms of glitches was the one where the game would just freeze during a conversation and you were stuck until you skipped the dialogue.

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Dec 10, 2014, 08:12 PM

"bran wrote:

the only problem i had in terms of glitches was the one where the game would just freeze during a conversation and you were stuck until you skipped the dialogue.

Thats one of the specific fixes. Ive been waiting to do another major story mission until this was fixed.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Dec 28, 2014, 02:16 PM

Finished the story. Right at 90 hours of play time. Didn't do every little thing outside of the story, but did most of it. Loved the game, but felt that the end was a letdown. Kind of petered out towards the finish. Underwhelming endings are a Bioware speciality though. :shifty:

Started my second playthrough. This time playing a female elf archer, which is a totally new idea for me. Even through just the earliest parts of the game, its a different experience, which is cool.

I'd love to see some DLC expansion missions, but Bioware is being extremely quiet about whats to come in the future and when.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jan 3, 2015, 04:11 PM

33% off in Origin so I pulled the trigger. Will re-read this thread for the helpful tips for beginners.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 3, 2015, 05:23 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

33% off in Origin so I pulled the trigger. Will re-read this thread for the helpful tips for beginners.

Ask if you have any questions. Happy to help.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jan 5, 2015, 11:12 AM

A little overwhelmed to be honest with you. They throw a lot of stuff at you quickly, and I played Origins and DA2. Either way, I have to restart because my character looks like a$$ in game lol. About 1 hour in or so, so I'll have the opportunity to go through the beginning tutorial and dialogue again, which will help with the story retention.

Combat is basically a bad console port since I'm playing on PC. Very clumsy with poor camera angles, even for the tactical view. Will take a bit of getting used to.

Love it so far though. Just got to Winterlands and all of a sudden the map opened up with camps, side quests, rifts, etc. I will do everything possible in each setting so I can see myself investing the full 90 hours to finish.....eventually.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 5, 2015, 12:33 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

A little overwhelmed to be honest with you. They throw a lot of stuff at you quickly, and I played Origins and DA2. Either way, I have to restart because my character looks like a$$ in game lol. About 1 hour in or so, so I'll have the opportunity to go through the beginning tutorial and dialogue again, which will help with the story retention.

Combat is basically a bad console port since I'm playing on PC. Very clumsy with poor camera angles, even for the tactical view. Will take a bit of getting used to.

Love it so far though. Just got to Winterlands and all of a sudden the map opened up with camps, side quests, rifts, etc. I will do everything possible in each setting so I can see myself investing the full 90 hours to finish.....eventually.

I can't begin to imagine playing the game, or one like it, on a PC instead of a console, so I can't help you much there. I play on the PS4, and find the combat to be a huge improvement over DA:O, and a good one from DA:2. The combat and character control in general remind me a lot of Skyrim. With my controller on the console, its all very fluid and intuitive. I've certainly read many PC users complaning about it on the Bioware forums though.

The character creator can be a lot at first, but its really good once you practice. My only complaint is the lack of longer hairstyles, especially for women. My first character looked ok, and I'm really happy with my second one.

Just explore and have fun. Even in the Hinterlands though, you can run into enemies that can kick your ass, even on normal mode. I would get the hang of it and wait until your about level 10 before taking on the bigger missions. Also, be careful with how you spend Inquisition Perks. You only get so many, and I know that I wasted some in my first time through.

VanDolPhanVanDolPhanSupporter
Jan 5, 2015, 01:48 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

A little overwhelmed to be honest with you. They throw a lot of stuff at you quickly, and I played Origins and DA2. Either way, I have to restart because my character looks like a$$ in game lol. About 1 hour in or so, so I'll have the opportunity to go through the beginning tutorial and dialogue again, which will help with the story retention.

Combat is basically a bad console port since I'm playing on PC. Very clumsy with poor camera angles, even for the tactical view. Will take a bit of getting used to.

Love it so far though. Just got to Winterlands and all of a sudden the map opened up with camps, side quests, rifts, etc. I will do everything possible in each setting so I can see myself investing the full 90 hours to finish.....eventually.

Don't go full Hinterlands right off the bat. You can always come back to it. Otherwise it's a major grind of about 12 hours of side quests. Try to move on your prime quests unless they just kick your ass. Reason being you'll out level areas before you reach them plowing thru the Hinterlands. So a lot of upgrade gear will be trash gear by the time you get to it. I honestly wish I had moved around a bit when things opened up early on.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jan 5, 2015, 02:12 PM

Thanks but not sure I understand. So, go speak to the lady (forgot her name now) in the Hinterlads and move on to come back to the side quests later?

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 5, 2015, 04:07 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

Thanks but not sure I understand. So, go speak to the lady (forgot her name now) in the Hinterlads and move on to come back to the side quests later?

LOL, I'd say that Van and I have different approaches. You do need to talk to Mother Jiselle though.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jan 5, 2015, 04:28 PM

Yeah man, same. I like to clear one area completely before leaving. But I can see Van's point as well. Where you find weapons and armor sets, it is generally at your level so you'd be better served finding those items at a higher level.

Also, did some youtubing regarding crafting and upgrading weapons which helped a lot. Now I just have to get a handle of the war room and I'll be fine.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 5, 2015, 04:42 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

Yeah man, same. I like to clear one area completely before leaving. But I can see Van's point as well. Where you find weapons and armor sets, it is generally at your level so you'd be better served finding those items at a higher level.

Also, did some youtubing regarding crafting and upgrading weapons which helped a lot. Now I just have to get a handle of the war room and I'll be fine.

You can go to Orlais really at any point after you're allowed. Missions there are mostly dialogue and you can pick up two companions.

With the War Room, its mostly just choosing which advisor to handle which one. Always read what they have to say about it before sending one off, and generally one will take less time than the other two. Rewards are often minor, but occasioanlly important. There's a text based RPG element to it all. Adding to the game without playing it/seeing it. I wouldn't worry about using up your Power either. Later on, you'll have more than you know what to do with. I finished my first playthrough with about 200 left over and no more War Table missions to do. War Table missions will pop up as you do other things in the game, and will be used to unlock areas and special missions. New ones generally have a glowing star.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jan 7, 2015, 10:17 AM

Man the Hinterlands is HUGE. Spent a few hours in it and still haven't discovered it all. I have like 8 quests (picking up all side quests I can) still ongoing there after completing about just as many. Getting a little repetitive in there. Met my first dragon there. The encounter didn't last very long. I died quickly being only level 4 or 5.

Also, chose to explore Ferelden and now in the war room nothing is showing up in Orlais. Want to get my keep going as soon as possible as you guys mentioned. Any advice there?

Deerless DiceDeerless DiceSupporter
Jan 7, 2015, 11:11 AM

you need to go to Val Royeaux which is accessed through the War Room Ferelden side of the map, and open it with power.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 8, 2015, 09:23 PM

I would advise not trying the dragons till level 15 or so. I'm level 13 in my second playthrough, and haven't tried one yet. Couldn't kill all of them in my first playthrough, and I got to level 25.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 11, 2015, 10:09 AM

I was able to kill the Hinterlands dragon at level 14 with two wizards, as long as they have cold spells ready. at level 15, I just killed another one and going back for a 3rd. actually had more trouble with the wyverns than I did the dragon.

been playing this game since Xmas eve and been avoiding this thread since then. Loving the length of the game. I thought when I closed the rift at Haven the game would end, but very happily surprised that so much more beyond that was opened up. Love Iron Bull the most.

testing

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 11, 2015, 11:15 AM

Closing the rift at Haven is about 25% of the way through the story, and maybe 10% of the available side quests. The game is big. Really enjoying my second playthrough too. Just started my first major mission after Skyhold at level 15. Making sure I don't miss anything this time.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 12, 2015, 07:28 PM

I haven't read through the whole thread, but for those of you early on in the game. Helpful hint: when you're with the Dalish and garnering favor, don't open up the graves! makes it impossible to complete the favor mission. might be a bug, not sure

testing

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 12, 2015, 08:04 PM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

I haven't read through the whole thread, but for those of you early on in the game. Helpful hint: when you're with the Dalish and garnering favor, don't open up the graves! makes it impossible to complete the favor mission. might be a bug, not sure

Not a bug. You piss off the Dalish Keeper when you do it. He specifically asks you to respect it beforehand. I made the same mistake myself the first time. Still was able to gain enough favor to do all of the missions there though.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 13, 2015, 08:21 AM

yeah, I did all the missions, even went back with the great bear pelts last night hoping it would push my favor over the top, but keeper didn't budge. wish I had the option to take him out. how dare he hold my mistakes against me.

testing

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 26, 2015, 08:39 AM

Just finished it this weekend. liked that game a lot. definitely top 10 game all time for me. maybe even top 5-7 range.

testing

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jan 26, 2015, 11:09 AM

I have about 2 hours in, maybe a little more and it hasn't caught on for me. I loved DA:O, a little disappointed with DA:2, but DA:I combat feels so repetitive. I'm a two handed rogue and I find myself doing the exact same combos to take down enemies. Been doing side quests, so I am sure once I get deeper into the story I'll get hooked. Just haven't gotten to that point yet. Hooked on Arma 3 again, at the moment.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 26, 2015, 12:58 PM

I thought Inquisition was better than Origin and far better than DA 2. I also did the dual wielding rogue, he is a little repetitive. later on, he gets some additional powers which are better. I enjoyed much more controlling Iron Bull once he joins your party. actually just started the game up again playing qunari fighter for that reason.

testing

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jan 26, 2015, 03:26 PM

I played the first time through as a 2-handed warrior, and am doing the second as an archer rogue. As Ohio said, the combat has absolutely gotten better as the series has gone on. Origins could be a terrible pain at times, and I found it clumbsy and frustrating in bigger battles.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Aug 6, 2015, 07:50 AM

New (second) single played DLC pack coming August 11, called Into the Descent. Takes place in the Deep Roads and looks really cool.

http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/the-descent

I'm excited for it, and it looks really cool. For me, the timing couldn't be better. I picked DA:I back up after finishing my first playthrough on The Witcher, and have gotten just about everything short of the final few areas completed on my second playthrough, including doing things like killing all 10 dragons and completeing all of the Astariums, which I didn't do the first time through. I'm just starting Jaws of Hakkon now, and then I'll dig into the new one before completing the game again in time for Madden to come out. :up: