1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drafting injured players

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by mroz, Mar 28, 2013.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I remember back in the 80's the 49ers made a living picking injured players that dropped down the draft board based on their injuries. I dont recall all the players I just remember that a lot of those guys turned out to be the core of the great 49ers teams of the 80's early 90s.

There are several guys in this years draft that I like that I think are going to drop due to injury and I would love to draft.

1. Tank Carradine, I know some think he is going mid 1st round but I find it hard to believe that an NFL team is going to take a chance on a guy that will not be able to work out for them this off season. I could see him dropping to the 2nd round.
    2. DJ Hayden, Hayden's issue is is he going to be ready for the start of the season. He has been creeping up the board since he was brought up in this forum. 1st round talent that is going to be on the board in the late 2nd IMO.
    3. B. Williams (OT, UNC), suffered a torn labrum during the season but I think he is going to be ready to go by the start of the season. Williams is a guy that the Fins are reportedly interested in and I think could be had in the 4th round.
    4. M Lattimore (RB, USC), not sure if he is going to be able to play this year… though he has been saying of late that he is going to be ready for the start of the season. Lattimore is more of future pick IMO. Guys take a while to fully recover from those types of injuries.

feel free to add to the list...