1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft yields quantity + plenty of quality by MEL K.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=3357479

Miami Dolphins: GRADE: B-
    Jake Long fills a need at left tackle, and I liked Bill Parcells' selection of Clemson DE Phillip Merling with the 32nd overall pick because he's solid against the run. The pick of Chad Henne in the second round tells you Miami is not sold on John Beck; however, I'm not sold on Henne. He has accuracy issues and a long delivery and he isn't mobile. I do like his toughness and he does have some of those intangibles you look for in a quarterback. Defensive end Kendall Langford is a big body, but I thought he was somewhat of a reach after an average senior season. Shawn Murphy really came on as a guard and he could battle for a starting spot. Jalen Parmele was a workhorse at Toledo, a big running back who also has some speed. And Lionel Dotson was a good seventh-round pick who should be able to help at nose tackle.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Ok, this proves Mel Kiper can be an idiot at times, how in the hell does he give us and the Jets the same grade? Talk about clueless.

3. Hellweed

Hellweed Death From Above!

Apr 28, 2008
    This is the worst grade I've seen so far. I couldn't stand watching him, and others, on ESPN and had to switch to NFLN about 10 mins into the draft. Much better commentary I thought.

4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Well in fairness to Kiper he seems to have a lower grading curves then most experts which is totally fine with me, but that still doesn't explain why the Jets and some others were given the same or better grade than us when there is no question in my mind we had one of the three best drafts yesterday.

5. ryoung8918

ryoung8918 New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    OC, Calif
    I watched both telecasts and Mayock blows Mel away IMO.

Ronnie Bass likes this.