1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fishhead, Apr 25, 2024.

1. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    More discussing posters instead of content.

I'm not emotional.

I don't like people lying about me and misrepresenting my position, like you constantly do

JJ_79, dolphin25 and Sceeto like this.
  2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Tell us who you think the trolls are, Dan. Name them, so we can all know who you're not talking about when you reference "trolls."

I'm glad you think I'm not a troll, since I was an original member when this site first started.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    He seems to get open quite a bit. Sounds like a good pick

4. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Block him, makes the site way more enjoyable then listening to his ridiculousness

5. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    you have been trolling a long time :) :) :)

resnor likes this.
  6. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    I love and respect everyone here. But I will say IMO @dan marino and @resnor are my two favorite members on the forum. Both passionate and entertaining posts come from each of them. I hope they can find common ground and it doesn't come to ignoring one another. Peace!

7. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Lmao… It’s NOT 12 tackles. And I don’t misrepresent people. That’s in your mind because you’re so emotional. I mean, you still don’t understand that it’s not 12 because you’re raging and handwringing about some perceived meanness. Lol

8. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I always liked resnor. I think it was him who I paid a year’s subscription to join the club. At some point he was brainwashed by the trolls.

9. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    “Than”

Bad at stats and grammar. Lmao

10. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    You know who they are.

11. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah I'm probably gonna, but I hate blocking people.

dolphin25 likes this.
  12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I want to know who YOU think they are.

You use the term so often it seems that anyone that disagrees with you is a troll.

JJ_79 likes this.
  13. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Again, I'm not brainwashed by anyone. Saying these things is how you marginalize my viewpoint so that you can hand wave dismiss it.

Yes, you paid for a year of club for me. It's mainly why I haven't blocked you, and why I'm so confused at your posting style over past few months, it's not how I remembered you being years ago.

dolphin25 and Sceeto like this.
  14. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I disagree with nearly everyone from time to time. And everyone disagrees with me from time to time.

15. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    I'll never understand why people beef on message boards. If it was really important to lob verbal bombs at another MB member, it's something that can be said over DM. Seriously, there are some things that we are all going to disagree on and that's okay. Being disagreeable is just silly and it really erodes the discourse.

Even if you believe somebody else expressed an opinion that you disagree with, it doesn't make them ignorant. They just have a different perspective regardless of how ridiculous you find it, it has to be easier to ignore than it is to disrespect them for saying it. If you want to only read opinions that you enjoy and agree with, buy a journal and start writing down your thoughts.

Seriously, this **** got old years ago and for whatever reason, the same dead horses get beat again and again. It's really wild because I've seen (almost) everybody on this forum offer some good information and discussion, so I know that I'm surrounded by some smart people when I log in. I just wish we could all be as mature online as I presume we are in our actual lives.

16. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    For me it’s not the disagreeing. That’s to be expected and is good. It’s the disingenuous trolling and disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing. Not to mention the inability to reason when given incontrovertible evidence. This is a forum for Dolphins fans, if you’re not a fan, as some here have proven over and over that they’re not, they shouldn’t be coddled to. Try pulling some of this stuff on other fan boards and you’re given the boot. That’s not saying that criticism of the team or players isn’t warranted or expected, but when 99.9% of a person’s posts is nothing but, how can they be a fan? No objectivity, no optimism, and no semblance of reason. Over and over and over.
    I ignored a few for a while, but that makes the forum nearly unreadable because you have no idea what’s being addressed. And if someone has an outlandish take, I’m going to refute it.

OwesOwn614 and Fireland like this.
  17. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    But Dan, just because YOU don't understand how someone can be negative and be a fan, does not mean that they aren't a fan.

I think that, again, it's a you thing. Because YOU think something is outlandish, and because YOU think that A REAL FAN can't be overall negative about the team, then YOU decide they are a troll.

People are negative because the team has let them down almost every year for the past like 30 years. It takes more than making the playoffs to get some people excited about the future of the Dolphins.

I'm just saying man, I think that a major reason the argument goes so hard is because people don't like being misrepresented. You do you.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
    dolphin25, JJ_79 and Sceeto like this.
  18. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    That’s not it though. There are some here that aren’t fans. They can’t be. Think about it. You’re negative at times, but you typically throw some positive/optimistic stuff in there. The reason you and I have been butting heads is mainly because you feel attacked when I call out someone else. That’s what I mean by you falling in with the trolls. I mean, one of them thinks the Dolphins are in the NFC. That’s not a typo or brain fart. That’s a slip up because they are most likely a fan of some other team that’s in the e NFC and they post on an NFC forum. There are other clues and tells. Then we have guys who disappear when things are going well and come back only when something goes wrong to rub it in and gloat.
    I’ve conversed with you for years. Agree sometimes and disagree sometimes.

resnor likes this.
  19. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    There are definitely some people posting here that are more about agitating others than they are about objectively talking about the team. If you disappear for weeks during a win streak and pop up happily when it's over, it's fair to question whether you are a fan. IMO, you can be negative while also being measured in the language you use. And if you can only post negative things, you are pretty much trying to get a rise out of others.

That's pretty much the definition of a troll.

20. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Exactly.
    It would be like going on a Ford Mustang post claiming that you’re a fan of the car, but do nothing but bash the car and proclaim it sucks because it’s not a Ferrari.
    The Ferrari of the NFL world is a franchise QB. Look at how many teams have tried for years to find one, including the Dolphins. Then we get a QB that’s been a legit MVP contender and has lead the league in numerous passing stats for 2 years now. What do the trolls do? They bashed him when he was picked and they won’t budge and still bash him. That’s just one example. There are others. You don’t like the pick? Fine. Say so and move on and wait to see what happens. If that same pick proves you wrong, like Tua has, man up and be happy that you were wrong. But they don’t do that. They’ll cherry pick and spin until their hair is on fire proclaiming they were right no matter what. It’s absurd. This board has always had the “negative Nancy’s” but typically a REAL fan will be happy to win. Not these clowns. They disappear when Tua plays great and we win, but lose or have a bad game and they’re back gloating.

21. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    It gets crazy. There were two in particular who seemed to be on Cloud 9 after our loss to the Chiefs. I'm not talking about complaining, which many of us justifiably did, I mean they cared more about how pouring gas on the fire than how upset they were that one was burning.

Anybody who doesn't know who I'm talking about obviously sees it differently, but that's clearly trolling. It's like coming into somebody's house and gloating about being happy that their father got fired. It's okay to discuss but if you see a house full of upset people, don't expect them to be okay with the disrespect when it was clearly your point.

With that being said, personal attacks are always poor form because that's exactly what they want.

danmarino likes this.
  22. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Any participant who has a different perspective from Dan=troll.

dolphin25 likes this.
  23. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    Dan's the Man. Y'all jealous.

djphinfan and danmarino like this.
  24. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    The problem is that Dan seems to consider the goal of an NFL football team should be to have a QB who produces certain stats, while other fans believe the goal should be to win playoff games.
    I doubt anybody here is "jealous" of Dan; my guess is that several participants of this forum feel sorry for him because he doesn't seem to understand the game of football.

dolphin25 likes this.
  25. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    The goal should be both. A QB doesn't win playoff games all by himself. All individual players at every position are judged on their stats. Marino is considered a legend primarily because of his career stats not playoff wins. I think Dan understands football very well. Some people here are like talking to a brick wall and discount anything Tua does because he hasn't won a playoff game "yet". He will.

26. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Trade Tua and sign Zach Wilson. Yeah, you know ball.

Tuanon4Life and danmarino like this.
  27. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Trolling goes both ways on this site and when somebody on here believes he can tell what and who a ReAl fan is, how they‘ve got to behave and act, while doing that in a real toxic manner, then I just can laugh at this bigotry and shake my head in disbelief.

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  28. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Bwhahah

Talk about delusional!

You want Zach Wilson or Mac Jones to be the Dolphins QB. And yes, you are a troll.

29. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Ohhhh… so you get to tell me what to think and write while claiming that’s what I do?
    There are trolls on this site, you’re not one, you’re just lost all the time and get your feelings hurt easily. And if my words on this forum are “toxic” to you I suggest that you wait until you’re a teenager to post because kids can sometimes misinterpret things on the internet. Lmao

Let me guess… that last part was “toxic”?

30. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Some fans and coaches give too much weight to stats. For example Derek Carr received a contract extension followed by another big contract because the team owner liked Carr's strong arm, tight spiral, and top end of the League QB stats. But while Carr always talked a good game he threw balls away to avoid interceptions, ran out of bounds short of the marker to avoid a hit, constantly checked down to avoid a hit, tanked Hail Mary throws to avoid a pick etc...

dolphin25 likes this.
  31. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    I've not seen Wilson or Jones play for the Dolphins so I have no idea what either of those would produce for the team. I have seen plenty of Tua playing for the Dolphins, and I don't mind him for another year on the 5th year option of his rookie contract. But a new big dollar multi-year contract for Tua now I expect would be a major mistake.
    And I don't think the Jaguars should extend Trevor Lawrence. My guess is that if Jacksonville gives Jones playing time he will lead the team as well or better than Lawrence has done.

dolphin25 likes this.
  32. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Here is some more proof of his toxicity, lol!

dolphin25 likes this.
  33. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    No. When a person claims that an individual player sucks or isn’t playing well enough that’s when stats come in. If you’re talking about playoff wins the team needs to do. No QB has ever won a game by themselves. Never. However, some claim that they do when they say that a “QB needs to win a playoff game”. You do that. It’s funny.

resnor likes this.
  34. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Hahahah… And you wrote that I don’t know ball.
    I mean imagine thinking that Mac Jones would play better on the Jags than Lawrence. Hahahah… this is the definition of trolling… or brain damage. lol

35. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Nobody said (or implied) that a QB should win a game by himself. That would be absurd because football is obviously a team game.
    But, Tua's had more than enough time to lead the Dolphins to playoff game victories. So, he has definitely been given his shot, especially considering the loaded rosters the team has had the past two seasons.
    Now if some fans want to move on and try another QB that is certainly a reasonable perspective.

dolphin25 likes this.
  36. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    No. Just no. He’s had two starting seasons where he’s been with a HC capable of utilizing his elite traits and not try to sabotage him. Both seasons he’s lead the team into the postseason. Last season they lost by 3 points to the Bills with their 3rd string rookie QB in Buffalo in the postseason. Do you really believe we don’t win that game with Tua? If you do believe that you’re further gone than I thought. That’s why I’m like a broken record when I talk about context. Context matters. A QB doesn’t play in a vacuum. Lots of other things need to fall in place for a team to win in the postseason.

37. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    You have the right to continue making excuses for why the Dolphins have had consecutive late season collapses and no playoff wins. But other fans may have seen enough and want to give a new QB a chance to show what he can do. Two different perspectives, which is fine.

dolphin25 likes this.
  38. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    So excuses to you are losing your MVP candidate QB in one season and then nearly half your starters in another? I guess Allen isn’t good enough because he lost to the same team the Dolphins did in the postseason. Again, context.

Trolls gonna troll.

39. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Fair enough. I'd submit that the bare minimum qualification for determining whether someone is a fan is if he is actually happy when the team wins.

You can write "Yay! I'm glad we won, but we need to get better" instead of "We suck anyway". You will never convince me that the second person cares much about team success.

But we can agree to disagree about that. I've never questioned anybody's fandom, BTW. But that doesn't mean some fans are not a**holes.

danmarino likes this.
  40. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Agreed on the last 3 sentences. :) I can understand if people on here post stuff like we suck anyway, because that’s the case for the most part for the last decades, doesn’t mean they’re not a fan. Even @Destroyer or @canez06 who I rarely agree with, I‘m not sure that they are trolls. People tend to post more when things are not going well, that’s human.

dolphin25 likes this.