1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Poll

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by USArmyFinFan, Mar 30, 2008.

Tags:

Who's your draft chioce

Poll closed Apr 4, 2008.
  1. Matt Ryan QB

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Chris Long DE

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. Jake Long OT

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. Darren McFadden RB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Vernon Gholston DE

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. Glen Dorsey DT

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Other (who)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    OK, lets see where we as board members would draft, I will set the poll on who would be avalable statrting with the first pick of course. You can defend your pick or not. If you are thinking trade, give who you think the trade is with and who we take at that spot.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I take Chris Long. I take Chris Long number one overall because I feel that he is the safest player in this draft for the Dolphins.

3. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I wouldn't mind drafting Gholston at all

4. USArmyFinFan

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    I see us taking Chris long, build a strong d first then go for O in the second round.

5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    i like Jake Long..

6. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I voted for Jake only becasue we desperately need that Franchise LT. I sould not mind at al lif we select Chris Long #1. I couldn't argue against it with the potential upside that kid brings.

I would be disappointed if we selected anyone else #1, but if we traded down then I'd be ok with any of the other guys.

7. USArmyFinFan

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas

Ol is one of the deepest in the draft, we can hit it in the second round....

azfinfanmang likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

9. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Chris Long.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I believe we should draft Jake Long.

Chris Long strikes me as a guy who will always be solid, possibly have a couple great years, but never be worthy of the #1 overall pick. A defensive end in the 3-4 isn't all that hard to find, nor is it hard to find an athletic OLB later in the draft.

Matt Ryan hits me the wrong way. He doesn't do any one thing particularly well, his arm strength is average, his accuracy is decent, and he makes too many mental mistakes.

If we were playing a straight 4-3 defense Dorsey would be my man without question, however we aren't and so there goes that idea.

Jake Long seems to me the best bet to immediately improve our football team.

PhinsRock likes this.
  11. USArmyFinFan

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    I see this as the problem, there is no clear #1 pick. I just see Chris Long as the safest pick.

12. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Personally though my favorite idea would be to trade back a few spots and take Gholston. Then take an offensive lineman with pick #32

Sticking at #1, Chris may be the safest bet but I don't see superstar written on him the same way I do Jake. At worst he will be a very good RT, where as at worst Chris Long is a decent defensive end.

RT > DE but that's just my opinion after seeing years of offensive ineptitude from this team.

13. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

I got CL because I think he is the best best to have an immediate impact, and long term should be very good also.

14. banjo

banjo member; jetssuck fan club

Mar 31, 2008
    BFE
    I went with Jake. Building a franchise is a heck of a lot easier with a solid LT for years to come. I know that some don't see him as the most solid, or even a pure LT, but I feel confident in his ability at LT (even if it's next year after a RT stint) and believe that he can shine. I think our QB's are hoping for the same result at pick one (just a guess). With that being said, anyone with the last name of Long would suit me just fine.

15. guatemalanfan

guatemalanfan Junior Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Guatemala
    Chris Long by a hair :lol:

16. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

True...

Too bad there's not a TE available worth #1 overall because Martin sucks... :tongue2:

/Had to do it... :wink2:

17. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    depends on whether we think we can trade/get good value for JT. If we can't trade him/ are keeping him i'd rather have jake long, however, i believe JT will be moved, and therefore Chris Long is the choice

Edit: I think i might cry if we take matt ryan. not that i think he'll be a bust, I just think the Longs are much better choices/needs for that #1 overall. i'm always scared about draft day bc its always the same day as our spring fling at school. so i'm out watching a live band and having a good ol' time, then i get a text message saying "hahahaha you just passed on brady quinn for ted ginn!" and i die a little inside. (note: as of round two that day i wasn't nearly as upset with the ginn pick, and as of today i love it, but at the time it put a damper on that days festivities)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  18. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Absolutely agree we need to build the D first..which is why I chose not only the best defender in the draft, but the best player in the draft

Glenn Dorsey, the LSU Horsey:up:

19. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Jake but I actually believe we'll take Chris. Though I feel Jake would be more help to this team.

20. miamitd13

miamitd13 Junior Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Agreed and I went with Jake as well. Mainly because although this is a deep OL draft, as of late, the mocks I've seen don't show many of those "better graded" players falling even to our 2a selection.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  21. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Gholston.

The Jets are in desperate need of a pass rusher. If Jenkins does what's expected of him, we'll be seeing more 2nd and 3rd and longs. We need a guy that can finish things off.

22. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i would take any of them but matt ryan

but i think it should be chris long i think he will be a superstar, if you work as hard as he does and plays with the heart he does he will be a special player

i would take jake long also but scouts say he is a elite RT and a good LT i think we can get a good LT in later rounds at the same time we can get a great defensive player