1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft order and what picks need to bring

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by joeydolfan, Mar 6, 2009.

1. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...t-order-and-what-the-picks-need-to-bring.html

I think we all expect at least 2 picks to be spent at CB and I can see them using 1 pick each at OT and NT.

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    anyone think there's any chance we try and bundle up our 7th round picks, and try and get one in the earlier round?

Is it worth it to do so? Or do you think we're better off to take 3 chances on players in the 7th round.

Im guessing it would make more sense to make 3 picks in the 7th, rather than trying to bundle them picks up, to move up and maybe only get one player in the 5th round or something... Im assuming theres probably not much market for 7th round picks either... just a thought. Be nice to move up, but it would also be nice to have 3 extra shots at finding a diamond in the rough in the 7th... what do you guys think?

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

It's rare you find a tom brady (drafted in the 6th) so I hope we trade up with the 7s.

4. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Donald Thomas was a 6th. Dotson was a 7th

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This year a 7th is like a late 5th round pick, the Combine was chock full of disappointing times in the 40, so the huge gap that normally exists between picks 160 to pick 242 is not as large as it was last year.

This year though, is more of a "depth and development" sort of draft, last year our depth was terrible, this year we should look to improve on DB/OL/Wr depth.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Iam sure they play with those 3 sevenths..