1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft grades Miami A.... from CBS Sports

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10802077

Miami Dolphins
    Best pick: Second-round pick Chad Henne had first-round talent, so he's a bargain. He could push for the starting job as a rookie.

Questionable move: Not a lot to pick apart. They had a good weekend.

Second-day gem: Sixth-round guard Donald Thomas, a converted defensive tackle, could be a project who can be developed.

Overall grade: A. Jeff Ireland and Bill Parcells did a really nice job. Jake Long was the right choice at the top spot. Getting Henne in the second round was the cherry on the sundae.

brandon27 likes this.
  2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I figured we would get high grades all around. None of the experts are gonna second guess Parcells. I havent seen a single "Expert" say anything other than what a great draft we had.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Bargain? eh...I think the Packers were the ones with the bigger bargain at QB. He has some talent but he's got a lot going against him.

I can think of several questionable moves. Drafting 2 RB's. Not drafting a WR/CB/TE...

azfinfanmang likes this.
  4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    We didn't draft these two guys to run the ball - even so if they do that's great - but to help out on special teams that has been an achilles heel for us.

They were very good picks for us.

5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I don't think Brian Brohn would have fit our offensive scheme, although I agree he is going to be a very good QB. I agree about not drafting a CB or 3. Our DBs suck and we haven't improved that area one little bit.

6. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Man it's refreshing to get praise on a draft, even if it's way to early to give out grades.

7. gcd960

gcd960 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2008
    i understand what your saying but improving the front seven improves the secondary. We didnt upgrade players but we upgraded the secondary.

8. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I too wish that we would have taken 1 DB some where in the Draft.With that being said,I realize 1 Draft is not gonna fill every need on this team

If our pass rush is better it will help our DBs immensely,not to mention better play calling and coaching.

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im enjoying seeing all the praise for our draft this year. Positive press on this team has been hard to come by the last bit, so this is pretty nice. Just further adds to the feeling that we are on the right track..

10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I think he would fit unless our offensive scheme requires an immobile statue QB who can be mistake prone ala 2000's Bledsoe and Brad Johnson. He can make the throws, not buckle under pressure, move around, and read the D.

I thought that was what our whole offseason was about. Signing a bunch of no-name special teamers instead of going for big-impact FA's. Now that we've done so in FA, why should it go into the draft and create redundancy? And you can have a drafted CB or LB fill in at ST very admirably yet fill a bigger need in the future.