Draft Day Observations Thread

423 replies

TRTractor TraylorNew Member
Apr 25, 2009, 06:21 PM

This has to be one of the craziest drafts thus far

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:22 PM

So, the Brownies are on the clock...for the fourth time today! LOL...

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

surferosasurferosaNew Member
Apr 25, 2009, 06:22 PM

Cleveland to take in-state guy Beanie Wells - the player they wanted all along?

BRBrazForPhinsForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:22 PM

trade down time !!

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:23 PM

"Tractor Traylor wrote:

This has to be one of the craziest drafts thus far

Agreed. Several head scratchers so far.

Good for us though...I think?

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

PHPHINANALYSTForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:23 PM

maybe DET will trade back up with us and get their OT ... wouldn't cost them much.

TRTractor TraylorNew Member
Apr 25, 2009, 06:24 PM

Cleveland does like to take the in-state guy (see Brady Quinn) but Everette Brown has got to be tempting as well. IF they stay in this slot though, I agree that its Wells.

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Apr 25, 2009, 06:24 PM

"Tractor Traylor wrote:

This has to be one of the craziest drafts thus far

Ya know, I think the Commish told everyone to make it move, they are in prime time. This has moved great.. I haven't been bored a second. We will pick more than an hour sooner than I expected.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:25 PM

Mack??? Wow!!!

I know he was supposed to be the first center off the board. Just earlier than I expected.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

TRTractor TraylorNew Member
Apr 25, 2009, 06:25 PM

"The G Man wrote:

Agreed. Several head scratchers so far.

Good for us though...I think?

Very good for us, the talent just keeps slipping.

I just hope that the FO doesnt mind breaking their promise to Butler...

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:26 PM

Alex Mack, a solid but unsexy pick. Im surprised they passed on Wells, the fact this kid is still on the board is insane, hes a beast.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:26 PM

Mack to Cleveland, there is going to be some extremely talented guy there at 25!!!!!!!!!!

BRBrazForPhinsForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:26 PM

Alex Mack - Browns
a bit '?'

this is already a very fun draft and we didn't even pick yet

plz god, Maualuga fall to us, only 3 more to go....if NE picks him I'll be so pissed

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:27 PM

Come on Vikes, steal Oher from Buffalo!!!

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:28 PM

Bah Harvin.

edit-at least hes off the board, wasnt to thrilled with all the attention we were giving him.

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Apr 25, 2009, 06:28 PM

percy to minny

BRBrazForPhinsForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:28 PM

Percy Harvin to Vikings! Yesss!!

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:28 PM

There goes Harvin. Thank gawd he didn't slip to us. I was really afraid we were gonna take him.

Now watch him end up being the next Randy Moss :sigh:

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:29 PM

NE is up, my worst nightmare ... beanie wells, please no!

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
Apr 25, 2009, 06:30 PM

no rey no rey no rey

Apr 25, 2009, 06:30 PM

We can still pick Sintim, barwin, or Brown.

TheMageGandalfTheMageGandalfNew Member
Apr 25, 2009, 06:31 PM

was able to get away for a few minutes and check this out

looking good for us!

I got a bad feeling NE is going after Rey but I hope I am wrong

.

BRBrazForPhinsForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:31 PM

a lot of options at 25,, Davis, Matthews, Butler, Wells, Maualuga, and a few others

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2009, 06:32 PM

I say NE takes Sintim. Just a hunch.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Apr 25, 2009, 06:34 PM

Traded pick to ravens.