1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doughty released, Chris Jones signed

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Agua, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Mixed emotions, hope Doughty can be stashed. I heard Jones looked good. A nice swap of Mitchell for Butler and now Doughty for Jones.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I doubt this is the end of Doughty in Miami. We're now in-season so the chances of his being claimed are lessened, and the fact Miami is his home town team and he's always wanted to be a Dolphin makes it unlikely he accepts another team's practice squad offer over ours. That is, IF we offer...

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That might have been their play all along....get into the season and then try to swap him to the practice squad. That would explain why we didn't put a QB there to begin with.

4. pdaj

pdaj Well-Known Member

I think the plan all along was to stash him, but to do so at a time that is was least likely he'd be snatched up. (Remember: He had a pretty good 4th preseason game, which I'm sure caught some eyes.) We'll find out for sure soon enough.

dolphin25 likes this.
  5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Sometimes they manipulate whether a guy is on the active roster or the practice squad week to week and I suspect they do it as a method of compensating players with bigger paychecks than the practice squad allows so as to make them happy.

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Big O must be disappointed

7. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I'm glad we got Jones back, he's got potential, bummed about Doughty, but as others have mentioned, he may not be out of Miami yet.

Sorry 25.