1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont' throw out your old cellphone!

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Miamian, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
  2. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I recycle my old phones as well. It makes no sense to me to fill up our landfills with items still of use to someone or that can be recycled. :)

Miamian likes this.
  3. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Makes a lot of sense, our society has become very 'disposable' anymore, we no longer fix things, we just replace them. Good to see someone thinking about giving new life to our 'old' electronics.

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks Mike. Great thread.

I have several stockpiled...guess I am just waiting for them to jump back to life.

Its actually funny going and looking at some that were "Really It" 3 or 4 years ago. Amazing the transformation to my current Treo 750.

There was another opportunity that ATT was running about a year ago. They would take them, put a sim card in it and give them to the troops in Iraq. I think they had limitied time on the card or something, but could be upgraded somehow. We gave 3 phones to that cause as well.

Miamian and opfinistic like this.
  5. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I use my cell primarily for work and all of them have suffered fatal falls on jobsites or eventually drowned in sweat. I don't know it there's anything useful left in their carcasses but instead of chucking them, I'll donate them in the future, someone may find some useful parts or something.

Miamian likes this.
  6. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I keep mine, my kids are good for breaking the new ones at least twice a year, so than they get stuck with an older one until the contract expires!

7. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    is this you??
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQLTxvDkk4[/ame]

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.