"Don't eat sushi"

19 replies

SMOKESMOKEForum VeteranOP
Nov 28, 2007, 02:39 PM

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2007/11/27/z6c_fins_notes_1127.html?cxntlid=inform

Derrick Pope had a message for Dolphins fans after Monday night's loss to the Steelers, and it had nothing to do with Miami's 3-0 loss at Heinz Field.

"Don't eat sushi," Pope said.
Pope, a fourth-year linebacker, revealed why he was mysteriously hospitalized Saturday - a severe stomach ailment after eating Japanese food Friday night.

"Don't eat California rolls, and don't eat shrimp tempura," he said.

Neither Pope nor the Dolphins would reveal why Pope was hospitalized before Monday's game, though Pope said he was not given an opportunity to explain his sickness.

"Let's see what you have to say when you go to the hospital," Pope said. "I didn't get a chance to say nothing."

GarryowenGarryowenNew Member
Nov 28, 2007, 02:43 PM

People eat sushi all the time.

Last checked, the CDC, I think was warning agasint beef.

:surrender:

Don't eat.

Sorry, I eat cooked food...And they tell me I'm stupid.

*I may BE stupid, but, not stupid enough to eat raw stuff*

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Nov 28, 2007, 03:50 PM

i love sushi.

and sushi loves me.

MiamiMan147MiamiMan147New Member
Nov 28, 2007, 03:59 PM

Sushi rules. This is fact.

KennyStangKennyStangForum Veteran
Nov 28, 2007, 04:24 PM

Sushi is not for me. To start with, I dislike seafood, period... then you want me to eat uncooked seafood? Madness I tell you. I wouldn't touch the stuff if you paid me.

shaunm000shaunm000Forum Veteran
Nov 28, 2007, 04:56 PM

For some reason, i thought this thread was from some troll making a squish the fish, dont eat sushi type of comment.....

SIlly!

PRPragmattixNew Member
Nov 28, 2007, 05:14 PM

You should try ceviche! It's cooked, in a way.

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Nov 28, 2007, 05:16 PM

no shushi for me, but I get close. I like mojo seared tuna that is essentially raw inside, I eat raw oysters and lazing around Biscayne bay digging up a pen shell every now and again and eating it's muscle raw... mmm mmm

Had a friend get Ciguatera poisoning once, it took him awhile before he was right again... A Dry Tortugas trip.

bkbuffetbkbuffetNew Member
Nov 28, 2007, 05:59 PM

Sushi is great, and not all of it is raw.
There are certain kinds, Unagi (eel) for instance, that are actually poisonous if they are not cooked.
Also, I have been to several sushi houses that make a sushi roll with (cooked) steak instead of fish... not traditional of Japan, but tasty nonetheless. :d-day:

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Nov 28, 2007, 06:16 PM

For those in the Plantation/Weston area, Japan Inn has a great roll called the Mexican Roll which has cooked shrimp tempura... really good.

KDKdawg954Forum Veteran
Nov 28, 2007, 07:19 PM

"dolfan32323 wrote:

For those in the Plantation/Weston area, Japan Inn has a great roll called the Mexican Roll which has cooked shrimp tempura... really good.

I actually went to that Emerald Coast Chinese buffet . . . over in Tamarac, by Piper High School . . . and I tried their "cooked" sushi . . . and it wasn't bad at all . . . I didn't have enuff guts to try the raw, but the cooked was much better than expected. Not sure exactly what it was, I think Salmon, or something, but it was good.

quelonioquelonioNew Member
Nov 28, 2007, 07:52 PM

i cant get over the seaweed... i love japanese food, i just love the one that does not have any seaweed close to it...


In the old times it was not a crime!!!!

SIsiciliansithForum Veteran
Nov 28, 2007, 09:04 PM

Isn't sushi the vegie rolls, shashimi is the raw goods?

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Dec 21, 2007, 09:47 PM

"SMOKE wrote:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2007/11/27/z6c_fins_notes_1127.html?cxntlid=inform

lol ...tempura is cooked and california rolls contain cooked processed crab meat. nothing raw or "extra" bacterial laden in either.

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 10:35 PM

ceviche is awesome

131334New Member
Dec 21, 2007, 10:37 PM

I like pizza.

THCMANTHCMANNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 10:53 PM

Sushi is great, but ceviche is better. Especially the Peruvian kind with shellfish. :up:

DADannyNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 11:07 PM

"MiamiMan147 wrote:

Sushi rules. This is fact.

That's not a fact at all.....I 'll tell you what's a fact

Ozzy rules!!

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2007, 12:50 AM

dont dolphins like sushi



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2007, 01:04 AM

"Danny wrote:

That's not a fact at all.....I 'll tell you what's a fact

Ozzy rules!!

damn...

you're right.