1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donnie yen agrees to act in ip man 3

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by adamprez2003, May 11, 2012.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    HONG KONG: “Ip Man 3″ script writer Edmond Wong revealed last week that Hong Kong action star Donnie Yen will return as martial arts master Ip Man in “Ip Man 3″, which will feature 3D visual effects, reported Hong Kong media.

This has been confirmed by Yen’s publicist, who said that Yen “is looking forward” to working on a 3D “Ip Man” film, and had entered into preliminary discussions with the film’s producer Raymond Wong, though he “had not yet seen the script”.

Edmond Wong further revealed that “Ip Man 3″ will see Ip Man’s famous student, martial arts legend Bruce Lee, play a big part in the story, though Ip Man will remain the film’s central character.

“What is certain is that the film will begin with Bruce Lee becoming Ip Man’s disciple. As for who will play Bruce Lee, we will have to do a large-scale casting exercise.

“Stars like Aarif Lee and Danny Chan are suitable and have played Bruce Lee before, but we are looking for a 16-17 year-old Bruce Lee. They may be a little too old. It is all up to Wilson Ip (the film’s director) to decide,” said Wong.

“Ip Man 3″ producer Raymond Wong, added that the film will have a much bigger budget than “Ip Man” and “Ip Man 2″, as it will feature fight scenes enhanced with 3D effects.

“Ip Man 3″ will be the third film in the “Ip Man” series of martial arts films, which have done exceptionally well in the box office and had sparked a renewed interest in Wing Chun, a form of martial arts practised by Ip Man.

The film is scheduled to go into production at the end of the year.

http://www.donnieyen.asia/2012/donnie-yen-to-return-as-ip-man-in-3d-ip-man-3/#more-757

I dont understand how the mainstream news doesnt devote a one hour special to this news every day until filming is complete

Stitches likes this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are amazing. I'm very surprised Yen agreed to do a 3rd film though.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    which is why i dont understand why abc, cbs and nbc news arent airing hour long specials each day telling us about this

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Best news I've heard all day.