1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don Prudhomme/Carroll Shelby Super Snake

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pagan, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Yea, yea, yea....I know....another Mustang post from Pagan.

Deal with it...this one's a beast, and I don't care HOW much of a Chevy or Mopar fanboy you are, if this doesn't get your heart pumping you're dead.

Every so often, companies in the position to bring us extraordinary Mustang rides introduce a Mustang for the history books. Shelby Automobiles is one of those companies, and the Don Prudhomme Edition Shelby GT500 Super Snake is one of those Mustangs. It is surely extraordinary with 800 horsepower and exclusivity - no more than 100 are expected to be built.

[​IMG]

The Prudhomme Edition Mustang drag snake is different than any high-performance Mustang you've ever seen. It is surely a Shelby GT500 Super Snake with features that place it in a league all by itself. For the post-title Prudhomme Edition, the entire front end tilts forward like a race car for easy engine access. And who can miss the dragster-style hood scoop that crams fresh air into the Kenne Bell-blown 5.4L powerplant. With race fuel, the engine produces 800hp, making it the most powerful Shelby (or even Mustang) available today. In street tune, meaning 93-octane fuel, the Prudhomme Super Snake puts out a still-whopping 750hp.

[​IMG]

Other equipment is also added to make the Prudhomme Super Snake ready for the quarter-mile. For hard launches, adjustable BMR front and rear suspension components are added, along with rear drag slicks (street tires are optional) on custom Bogart wheels. Aerodynamics are improved by lower side rockers and a rear drag wing, similar to what you'll find on Pro Stockers. For safety, the Prudhomme Super Snake package adds an 8-point roll cage, Shelby 6-piston front disc brakes, and a 5-point Impact safety harness. Like the original '65 GT350s, the rear seat is deleted and exhaust exits the side of the car via a Borla side exhaust system.

[​IMG]

"Working with Don Prudhomme on this project was a great experience for our design team," noted Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. "Carroll and Don earned their stripes in competition over the years, so we had to build a car that would continue their racing domination. Our Prudhomme Edition GT500 Super Snake builds on that legacy and gives Shelby enthusiasts today a way to rule the quarter-mile in their town."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Pagan,

That is sick!!

3. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    its interesting that this would be brought to production, granted there's only 100 to be made. its ridiculous though. you're not buying a car, so much as your buying a race car.

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yes.

5. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    The scary thing is this, it says you can buy street radials as an option....which means the car is street legal.

Then again, when I get around to beefing up the bottom end of my engine, we're gunna tweak the blower and he said I'll have 750 at the tires. Do the math....

Figuring in the 15% powertrain loss, that means the engine will be making around 875-900 at the crank. :D

6. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    800 horses. Damn.

You have to possess race-car skills in order to manage that kind of power, or it gets away from you really quickly and you can do a lot of damage.

7. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Wow!

8. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    Definitely so Nabes, I remember reading the 1967 Car & Driver review on the 427 Cobra SC. The test car belonged to Bill Cosby lol. One of the test was performed on an airport runway in Venice, California. They reported at 100 mph when the driver kicked it, the rear tires broke traction and the car went sideways. The SC had over 500 hp in a 2100 lb car.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2007-rm-auction-scottsdale-1967-shelby-cobra-427-s-c/140165/

Most beautiful masculine automoble ever built.

9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    A unique blend of roadster and muscle, never matched.

The shop I take my car to has a customer who tricked out a Porsche 997 to about 760 HP...he ended up selling it because there's nowhere he could legally drive it. Just in 1st and 2nd you're doing close to 100 MPH out of your driveway!

10. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    It's a shame the damn Germans went rogue on the world twice. I think it was due to the hot beer (stuff used to make my ears hot). Smart people, getting that HP out of a pancake six.

Of course, the American way was to just beat em with brute force (Carrol Shelby) sent Enzo Ferrari packing in 1966 with the Cobra's and Gt 40s.

11. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    You ain't lying brother Nabo!

With 620 at the crank, I had to learn to drive my beast all over again. You can't just punch it in a car like that!

12. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Hot.

13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Haha

Carroll is a girls name!

Oh, and nice car :up: