1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins vs Jesters Game Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by adamprez2003, Sep 16, 2018.

1. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Which stats would you prefer for QB's? Or would you rather not use any? Of course passer rating has its issues, but relying on human memory alone isn't that great an option either.

2. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The offense is due... next week against a poor Raiders defense I want to see the offense carry the team for a change.

Fin-O likes this.
  3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    The raiders defense may need a talent infusion but their defensive coordinator is a genius. Mad blitz packages. Never sure where the pressure is coming from. I do t know if our oline is ready. I could see a loss

4. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    I don't really care for any box score numbers as a way to judge the play of any Qb.

Andy Dalton tossed 4 Td's and 0 TO's and his "rating" was a 107. I bet if we check all the Week 3 Qb ratings on Tue it will be lucky to be a top 10 performance.

TD/T.O ratio is something that intrigues me. 3rd downs ofcousrse matter etc etc.

5. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Didn't Tannehill only have one fumble today on a play where he turned and the defender was immediately in his face? If you are saying he had two the other was a shotgun snap that Kilgore rolled into his own left leg. Ball didn't even make it to Tannehill.

Is there another I'm forgeting?

KeyFin and adamprez2003 like this.
  6. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    On another note, are you guys watching this Jags Pats game? The Phins could be in sole possesion of first place at the end of the day if this holds up.

KeyFin and Fin-O like this.
  7. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Ah, well TD/TO or TD/INT (if we're talking about QB's) is a good stat so nothing wrong with that. Correlation of passer rating to win% is 0.63 while TD/INT ratio to win% is 0.58. In other words, the difference between the two isn't that great in terms of how important they are.

However.. I will point out that TD/INT ratio is even more prone to sample size issues than passer rating. But if you're comfortable with that stat I think it's a good one.

Fin-O likes this.
  8. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    We are in Sole possession of 1st place in the AFCE courtesy of the Jags beating the Pats! May be only for a week but I'm going to celebrate the "worst team in football" while I can!

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    yes please.

cbrad likes this.
  10. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    lol yeah I know.. I should do that. It's just a lot of work formatting the data so that it's easy to analyze (note in this link all the white spaces, usage of letters or special characters instead of numbers, table headers that mess you up, etc...):
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00/gamelog/

I have all those gamelogs downloaded for all QB's though, but the formatting is tough. Anyway, when I do get around to this I can include QB rushing on a game-by-game basis but not fumbles it looks like (they don't seem to record it in those links). As to when I'll get around to it.. hard to say but we can set a goal of getting it done by the end of the year (I just have to sit down and focus on it for awhile).

11. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    I'm glad Gase got Tannehill running this game, but he needs to stretch the field passed 10 yards more.

12. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    He did fumble twice. The first was a naked bootleg that the LB read nicely and he was in Tannehill's face once he went towards the LOS.

The 2nd fumble was the huge sack one play before we intercepted in the end zone. On that play, RT tried to throw it away and it slipped out sideways in his hand. Since his arm was coming forward, I honestly thought that one should have been an incomplete pass.

Speaking of fumbles, NY got robbed on one of theirs. Kiko knocked the ball loose then landed on the receiver, but that guy reached out to his side and placed his hand on top of the football. As he was pulling it in, a Fins player jumped on top of him and took it away. The receiver looked like he had possession and he was obviously down....I thought that was a bad call by the refs in the booth.

Tin Indian likes this.
  13. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl

[​IMG]

KeyFin likes this.
  14. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That was such a big time, big time play by the defense.....it was almost more impressive that Fitzpatrick doing the exact same thing going into halftime last week (since this effort took 3 hits from three different guys). I love their freaking warrior mentality out there!

15. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl

I love that multiple players had INT's today instead of just our bulldog Reshad. He was probably still full from last week.

KeyFin likes this.
  16. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    The Mink man was awesome. They drafted our star DB for, hopefully, years to come. Rook? Awww yeah.

Last two weeks the interior DL has been stout. Very cool. Very pleased. They were a concern of mine heading into the season.

T-hill was solid today. made a few bad mistakes, such as the fumbles and missing Wilson on that deep route, but he also made a lot of good plays, enough to get the lead, keep it and get the win.

We beat the effin' Jets!!

I pretty much hate all the teams in the AFCE, but especially the Jets. When they play, it's always like a sacred holiday. Has been since I was a little punk sitting in front of the TV watching those heart attack games?

Woooo! mother effers!!!!! :butthead::hammertime::beer:

KeyFin likes this.
  17. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    He doesn't even begin to look like a rookie and you can tell that this team trusts him completely. If you watch him closely before plays are being made, he's reading the QB's eyes/body and moving to where the ball is about to go more often than not. This kid is going to have several more picks this season and be a sensational long-term answer. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the Pro Bowl this season.