1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dolphins vs colts 99' (greatest 4th quarters)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Sep 17, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    turn on nfl network right now. i've been watching the entire 4th quarter of this game. it's down to the last couple of minutes. sorry i didn't tell you sooner.

2. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i forgot about the colts deciding to give themselves a safety to kick the ball further since we would still need a touchdown to win the game.

3. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    It was great watching Dan the man lead us back ,man that Td pass to Gasden was a gem.

4. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i think jason taylor is the only one from 99' that's still on our team.

that game made me wonder how much different the outcome of games from back then would be with rules from now days. like, i saw marino get hit hard with a helmet to helmet hit. that would have been a first down, but instead the next play was 4th down. plus the gadsden TD was a push out. that wouldn't have counted this year. right?

5. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Right.

This year it would be incomplete . Still , great timing , and greater athletic talent.

That was great to see again , dart after dart , wow ...

6. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    For Fraks sake man.

I even called NFL Network to COMPLAIN earlier this year about them not showing hardly ANY Dolphins stuff and always over showing Pats crap etc.

FINALLY THEY SHOW US A GAME and I miss it.

GOD DAMMIT.

Will they show this again?

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Marino was the man.

8. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    This game was the last I ever got to watch with my grandmother before she passed away. She always liked the Dolphins and I'm forever grateful that the last game we ever watched was such an amazing Dolphins victory. My favorite game of all time for sure. Kinda bittersweet though.

9. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I went to that game. Just my second dolphins game ever.

I also went to the playoff game the next year vs. them when Lamar Smith ran his legs off.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  10. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Lamar still has the single game playoff rushing record doesn't he? Unrelated, but in 2004, maybe 2005 when the Falcs hosted the Rams in the divisional round of the playoffs, I was there to see Allen Rossum break the single game playoff return record. He was on that night. An exciting game to watch. Was also Marshall Faulk's final career game so I can say I saw that too. lol

FinSane likes this.
  11. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i'm not sure but the title is something like "greatest 4th Quarters". I think they showed 4 4th quarters from other games. the dolphins and colts in 99 was one of them. too bad you missed it.