1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins vrs patriots game thread..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    People make the mistake of comparing games to what kind of chances they have, when either guys that didn't play last time or didn't finish the game are healthier this time (Shane Vereen, Aqib Talib, Kenbrell Thompkins, Danny Amendola) or a quarterback that's healed this time (Tom Brady had a swollen throwing hand). Plus with the fact that I'm sure they are pissed for hearing people say that they cannot produce without Gronk and want homefield advantage I don't think that Bill Belichick and Tom will allow them to start slow, you know they are going to be pedal to the medal and aggressive on both sides of the ball from the whistle.

2. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Marcus Cannon is really good and very aggressive. The offensive line is getting better and better and healthier at just the right time. They are smart, tough and have what I believe as the best offensive line coach in Dante Scar who will have the perfect game plan to neutralize Vernon and Wake.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Will he also neutralize Starks and Soliai? Not meant as an insult, but you're making it seem like you haven't given up a sack all year. It only takes one play of great individual effort to create one sack.

What exactly is neutralize in your eyes by the way? To me that means no QB pressures and no sacks.

4. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    They could neutralize Starks and Soliai, you have to remember that having Shane Vereen can do a lot to alleviate pressure up the middle and blitzing and ultimately sacks do not lead to wins. Good coverage and sacks lead to wins. There have been at least two games with season where Brady was sacked 6 times but put up 30 points and this is without Rob Gronkowski. Not saying Starks and Soliai won't get sacks but its going to take a lot more then that. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-injury-doesnt-bury-wily-new-england-patriots

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    We also have one of the best secondaries in terms of QB rating against. I would say pressures and sacks will lead to a Patriot loss. If you can keep Brady clean you will most likely win.

6. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    I see but Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola are very crafty, very smart and as many have eluded to are quicker then Wes Welker, and they understand the details of the passing game with Tom Brady, and the way that Bill, Tom and Josh McDaniels use them schematically and in formations with Shane Vereen makes them very tough in single coverage situations. And those rub routes absolutely killed Joe Haden and T.J Ward over the middle. Which left D'Qwell Jackson underneath one on one with Vereen. And then the element of surprise with a new weapon in Josh Boyce put in space underneath and over the middle of the field was another wrinkle that cost the Browns. He has emerged as another threat on the offense both deep and in space. He has incredible open field moves and game changing speed. And I expect Kenbrell Thompkins to be back in this game, and we've all seen him grow and make some big time plays. Miami has a good D, but it will be a lot tougher then Pittsburgh in my opinion, especially with the matchups and the quick/fast skilled players in space that New England has with the spread formation.

7. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Im even less impressed that NE beat Denver now after the thursday night game last night. I mention that, since pats fans cant go 3 sentences without mentioning they beat denver. I'm very suprised this Neuron guy is still around. Mod slack?

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    None of those players you mentioned are very good or scary to defend. It reminds me of when we had Bess and Hartline and tried to justify them as a good starting combo. I'd take every Steeler skill player aside from Big Ben and their HBs over yours.
    B
    It will be all about how much time Brady has in the pocket. Any receiver can get open given enough time for the QB.

9. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Now their offensive line coach is the best in the business and is going to neutralize wake? Lmfao give me a break dude

10. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Agreed 100%

11. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Antonio Brown is great but Julian Edelman if you look up NFL.com is ranked 6th in receiving, and top 10 in third down receptions. He has become a very good receiver and has one more reception then Wes Welker, who himself can't even stay on the field this season. See unlike Wes, Julian actually catches the clutch receptions and holds on to the ball after big hits. And as mentioned by many former players, Danny Amendola's ONLY knock has been his health. He is an exceptional receiver that has never been able to stay on the field. Last week was really his first game back being fully recovered from the groin injury but still caught some key receptions including a touchdown late to win the game. He is a week healthier from that game, and has all the skills necessary to have a great game this Sunday. Shane Vereen is not only dangerous but he opens things up even more for Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola. And do not underestimate the other weapons on offense that are hitting their stride.. FB/TE James Develin is a very good receiver and WR Josh Boyce has emerged as another threat. They don't have to be big names to kill you, and I think that's people's problems, they figure because they never heard the person before that the player can't produce or hurt them, well that's the wrong way to think.

12. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Comparing brown to edelman?? Yeah I'm okay.

13. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    We've all seen what Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman and Austin Collie can do when healthy. Remember Austin Collie in Indy catching passes from Peyton? He wasn't release from New England because of concussions, it was his knee which is healed now. He is only 27 so its not like he is washed up. And Danny is a gamer, just needed to stay healthy... and like I mentioned, Julian Edelman is having a career year and is top 10 in receiving. But of course our players don't get the media coverage that other teams get.. we don't have the "popular" names.

14. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Omfg right bro the patriots get no publicity. Wtf is this ****

15. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Where at all did I say Antonio Brown is being compared to Edelman, if you read I said that Brown is great but we also have a guy that is producing at a high level this season. Call it want you want but I have the numbers to back it up.

16. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Again, f*cking read and pay attention to DETAIL, I said that we don't have the "popular names" meaning our skilled players don't get the attention like others do. The only one that has had coverage is Gronk.

17. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    We throw out numbers left and right and your only retort is a dictionary sized essay on why that's not true and how the pats are better. We point out our secondary is better regardless of injuries to both teams. Fact. But nope. Essay time.

18. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I've heard of all your players and watched them...its not about that. Its about objective analysis.

19. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Yeah I have a reading problem. There was a 15 page thread of you showing you can't comprehend basic english.

20. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    He's just trolling. No matter what you say, he just responds with player names and that they are under rated

21. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Its like a Patriots spam bot that thinks the Patriots are some under rated team and gets no help from refs. Its amazing. Idk why hes still here.

22. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    10-3 Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, 5 comeback wins, and 7-1 without Gronk.. vs 7-6 Ryan Tannehill, Phibbin, and an "improved" defense.. I like our chances and experience in big games, understand that basic English.

23. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Yeah, the refs really helped us in the Carolina game. Every team gets calls to either go there way or not, get over it.

24. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Because He FEARS this game. I said it a few times.....He feels the need to convince himself that stats and names are all thats needed to win this Sunday. I see right through him( or her,whatever the case might be). I`m sure he spent Zero time in the Browns forums last week, Why? Because he was already convinced the Patriots would beat them. This week he`s worrying big time.

25. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Are you a betting man? Put your money where your mouth is or stop with the nonsense.

26. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Who in the hell are you guys for me to fear this game? The Miami dolphins..:no: Its like Gronk goes down like we haven't lost players before, and all of a sudden it gives a vote of confidence to you guys to sit there and say like I've read from many posters on this forum that you guys are going to kick our butts? :confused2: 10-3 without Gronk, Hernandez, Woodhead, Lloyd, Welker, Branch I'm just saying..

27. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    We have only 2 less come back wins. I wish you still had gronk. Im not afraid of him. Now when we stomp a hole in your *** he will be your excuse why you lost. You guys are so great you lost 6-13 to the bengals. LOL. And your so predictable that your response to that would be " oh we beat denver". Last night denver showed why thats not impressive.

28. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Don't be stupid lol.. trust me, you don't want to lose any money around Christmas time

29. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Yeah RGF I already tried betting money multiple times. He won't.

30. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

I`ll say it again. grow a pair and just admit it already. You do really sound pathetic.

31. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    I love how he brings up all these injuries his team has yet says they are still better and are going to win. Except when the pats lose, I can guarantee injuries are going to be the excuse.

ElNino likes this.
  32. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

I`ll take that as a " Hell no, This game scares the hell out me". Ok, got it.

33. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Why does this downs patient think we care about gronk? Our confidence has nothing to do with gronk. Jesus. I wish he wasnt hurt.

34. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Like I said, no Amendola in that game, no Vereen and our receivers were still growing and gaining chemistry with Tom. Different offense, better chemistry, healthier and improved pieces. And we beat Denver with pretty much a banged up defense and his full arsenal. The only reason they scored 31 was because we spotted them 20 because of defensive turnovers. Manning's passer rating was under 70 and he only threw one touchdown. Demaryius Thomas was held to under 50 yards receiving by Aqib Talib and Decker didn't get anything. And can you guys beat Denver?

35. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Of course. With all the better backups they have its amazing the injured players were starters in the first place. I can just picture his hands shaking while he types. Man, does he ever fear this game.

36. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    You act like you guys are really something.. lol We've beating a lot better teams then yours without lesser talent I assure you. Give me a break.

37. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Gronk goes 2 catches for 27 yards against us... no TDs... and this inbred bostoner thinks we even slightly care if he is this game or not.

38. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Called it!!!!! LMFAO

RGF likes this.
  39. Neuron

Neuron New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    lol yeah Phibbin is Don Shula and Tannehill is Dan Marino.. and Mike Wallace is more then just a one trick pony and can consistently connect deep, and oh Vernon and Wake which are going to get a thousand sacks in this game... PLLLEASSSEEE

40. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    You dont have a defensive player that can hold a candle to wake.