1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins v Jets

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by padre31, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    How do the Jets fans on this board feel about the Giants allowing the Dolphins to travel early and use their facilities?

I've heard the word "douchebags" thrown around by a bunch of Jets fans, comparing it to the Jets letting Dallas or Philly use theirs so they could travel early. And Giants fans have said the Jets fans will probably blame them if they lose.

I love it, the Giants and Jets need more of that Yankees/Mets animosity.

2. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Totally dicked move by the Giants, but I won't be blaming them if the Jets lose. I hate the Giants, like Met fans hate the Yankees.

sent from my EVO 4G

3. NYJ

NYJ J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Oct 8, 2009
    New Jersey
    I hate everything about your team. I hate Dan Marino, I hate your stupid colors, I hate your dumb logo, I hate your injured reserved QB Pennington, I hate all of your dumb stadium names, I hate every last owner you have. I hate Ricky Williams, I hate Chris Chambers, I hate Olindo Mare. I hate Mark Clayton and Mark Duper. I hate the Fake Spike. I hate Jason Taylor. Hate Zach Thomas. Hate seeing Dan Marino on the CBS Pregame show. Hate anything that reminds me of your team. Don't like most of your fan base. Hate Jay Fiedler.

I'm not even going to say good luck to you guys. I hope you lose and we blow you out.

But, let's hope for no injuries to either side. Enjoy your Sunday or whatever as long as your team doesn't win.

4. NYJ

Oct 8, 2009
    New Jersey
    I want to say they're douchebags or whatever, but I don't mind the Giants, and in all honesty, it's not a big deal at all. If that causes us to lose, then there are clearly (more) problems with our own team than you guys using the facilities.

That being said, if the Giants have a home playoff game and they're playing a warm-weather team in round 1 and the Jets are on the road, by all means, let that other team use Florham Park.

5. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    You're not even old enough to remember most of the people or instances you just mentioned. It's posts like this that cement the fact that 99% of all Jests fans are ******ed.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think it is the water in NJ, chromosome damage takes generations to breed out of people.

My dude from NJ's kids and grandkids, about every 4th one is a genetic misfire, cleft pallet, one kid had 6 fingers, they were all messed up, felt bad for the guy.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  7. NYJ

Oct 8, 2009
    New Jersey
    My entire family is Dolphins fans. My dad has let me know enough to hate them all.

8. dolphins43

dolphins43 New Member

Dec 5, 2010
    With Henne at QB I don't think we can exploit them.

9. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    55 of 78 (70%), 616 yds, 5 TD's 1 INT

All in 3 games.

Yeah, Henne just doesn't get it done against the Jests.

[/sarcasm_mode]

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO the Jets and the Dolphins have played pretty comparably this season. They are similarly ranked on offense and defense. The Jets generally a bit higher on offense and the Fins generally a bit higher on defense, but both in the same general area. The differences in the records are mostly the result of luck and little about execution. The primary difference is TOs. The Dolphins have thrown many more INTs, but I don't believe its so much b/c they played worse. I've seen Sanchez throw more passes that hit defenders in the hands than Henne has. Henne just has had more caught. You see it in the difference in their completion %. IMO Sanchez is at last as accurate as Henne (actually more), but for some reason more of Sanchez' bone head passes get dropped while Henne's bone head passes get intercepted. There is some difference in the receiver experience levels (more likely to knock a ball down and less likely to screw up the read/route) and the Jets have a better receiving TE (which is generally an easier throw), but IMO this has been a much smaller factor than just luck. This is the biggest factor in the record discrepancies. You could also count the Steeler's game robbery in the "luck" category.

The Jets, though have executed a bit better in a couple of smaller areas. They have been very good in STs compared to the Dolphins. The Dolphins have stabilized since, but they probably would have won a couple more games with just average STs play.

I also think that the Jets have done a better job of using their player's strengths and protecting their weaknesses. The easiest example is their use of the running game. The Jets have a better average (4.5 vs. 3.8). In part b/c their interior line is better, but IMO mostly b/c they stuck with it. Both RB and RW have a history of playing better with more carries (as many big backs do). I expect that if the Dolphins had stuck with the run more, their average would be closer to 4.2 or 4.3. I also think that would have made it easier for Henne in the passing game, which is what the Jets wisely did for Sanchez.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Also, Jason Allen sucking vs the Jets is Henne's fault.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  12. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    lulz...

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    LOL where are you trolls now?