1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins, Under New EVP Chris Grier, Introduce Future Plans

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Aqua4Ever04, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Write Travis Write Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    It felt so good to write this. It's amazing how stale Adam Gase's message became over the last few weeks. And now we can put to bed all the vitriol of our best players combatting our HC.

Now, an in-depth look at Chris Grier's background, the five coaches Miami has requested for interviews and the key quotes from the Ross/Grier presser today.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/do...-chris-grier-dolphins-introduce-future-plans/

Fin-O, Surfs Up 99, djphinfan and 3 others like this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin TX
    Nice article (though I think you meant Munchak catches the eye rather than ire of teams?) and I like the emphasis you put on how these guys are both teachers and leaders - the thing Gase seems to have struggled with more than any other and what was imo his downfall. Definitely a group with potential.

Not a fan of Munchak myself, and any Pats coach is a thing to be wary of, but a solid starting list.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Thanks for the background on the candidates! Just from what you posted, I'd be rooting for Vic Fangio! We need a defensive leader to shape our squad into champions...I think we have the talent already minus maybe a corner and replacing Alonzo (Kiko doesn't have to happen in 2019 though).

4. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Write Travis Write Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I was just making sure you read the whole thing. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out. Error on my part.

KeyFin and texanphinatic like this.
  5. Dolphin Dundee

Dolphin Dundee Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Nice to see Tannenbaum stepping down into a non football related job aka Milton from Office Space :smile: If he was good for anything with all these shake ups around the league surely he would find a better position elsewhere? Makes me wonder why Ross kept him so long in first place.

texanphinatic likes this.
  6. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Nice Travis! Honestly, I am intrigued by most of the guys on the list. The case was made for any of them. Right now, Kris Richard has me most intrigued. In addition to being a very good secondary coach, I like that he is a teacher, and that he doesn't have trouble handling alpha males. We need a coach who can relate to our young talent, even if they are alpha males. We are going to need them if we are ever going to stop being a finesse team.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  7. Surfs Up 99

May 5, 2016
    So...looking at what Ross said. What do you think he means by changing our approach? Isn't how we have been doing it pretty much standard practice in the NFL? Is he talking about blowing it up, getting picks for who we can, and then rebuild our roster from the ground up? Once we do that, then what? Back to the same ole stuff with filling in issues with older free agents?

If you were going to change our approach, how would you do it? When it comes to the upcoming draft, what would be your priority? Do anything you can to draft a young QB? Draft BPA? Focus on the trenches? ???

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  8. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    We’ve seen it. Oversign big name free agents, miss on multiple draft picks and fire the next coach in 3-4 years

9. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    Based on your article Travis, I say get Munchak as our HC, then sell the kitchen sink to get Fangio for DC and Bieniemy as OC.

As I said in another thread, we need proven winners as coordinators.

10. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Other than the challenge of building Miami into a dominate defense, it would be a lateral move for Fangio. Plus, the Bears would probably let him go to be a head coach, but NOT to be a DC with another team.

11. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    If he was going to another NFC North team I would see your point but an entirely different conference?

Coordinators switch teams all the time.

12. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I've honestly never heard of a team letting a guy accept a lateral position.

Usually the poaching team actually HAS to add an additional title to the job such as "Assistant HC" to do so.

It's actually within their right to flat out deny him a lateral move.

texanphinatic and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  13. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    Dick Leneau, long time DC for the Steelers took the same DC position for the Titans a few years back.

14. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    He was applied with the assistant HC title as well after his resignation was accepted. He was off the market for a month considering retiring as well.

15. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    Same difference

16. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    I mean we could technically make him assistant HC but that is the only way.

Aside from that, he has to WANT to take a lateral position on a worse team. That isn't likely.

17. Surfs Up 99

May 5, 2016
    Yeah, but Miami has South Beach, and Disney up where I live! Remember, it's important to have that work/life balance. ;-)

AGuyNamedAlex likes this.
  18. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Literally 0 chance of this happening

19. Losferwords

Losferwords New Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Just promote Rizzi and be done w it... that way we tank and on the off chance he's good, we profit.

Win win IMO

We should start fails/falk for 16 games and purge all players north of 30 and take all dead money hits possible this year.