1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins top target in FA is...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by byroan, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    That's interesting. The question is who is going to be cheaper. Mike Brown is notoriously cheap and it could come down to that. Smith is at G now isn't he or right tackle? It's a situation I'd pay close attention to.

And to everyone here, I'm not trying to be coy. Not in the least, I just tend to come right out and say something point blank as it does have a trickle down affect. Not that what I say means anything, but if 10 people take it and pass it on, it can gain a life of its own. I don't want to do that to someone who gives me nuggets and makes me look much smarter than I actually am. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    yes baby, but wear the collar too....

Finfangirl likes this.
  3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Why are you avoiding the coleslaw issue!!!!??!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

4. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm gonna have to back Sec on this one...I love coleslaw on a good pork BBQ sammich. It's yummy! :wink2:

padre31 likes this.
  5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    you too jerkball!!! why the beef with the slaw?? I had BBQ-slaw once down South...I was amazed....

also I have seen alot of Victor Cruz in this thread, isnt he a restricted FA? he isnt unrestricted.......I dont think anybody will give a 1st for him which the Giants would most certainly tag him with...

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Me too? I brought coleslaw in the first place. I stand firmly in the anti-slaw party! Down with Slaw!!!!

finyank13 likes this.
  7. Joe Robbie

Joe Robbie The Patriarch

Dec 24, 2008
    Miami Gardens
    I only like KFC coleslaw.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, weird thing that is popular down south is..Cha-Cha/kimchi

I wonder if it is Wes Welker? For a young Qb that is as good a safety blanket as will be on the market

9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    e tu Fin-du?

I cant believe it, shocked dismayed.....amazing....next you are going to tell me you dont eat steak.....

10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Side note because this is a hot thread right now, go check Richard Sherman and Darrell Revis going at each other on Twitter.....hilarious.....

I love Sherman...check my avatar picture on there @finyank13

it is good trust me....worth the look....I love Brady's face in it...

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    *****, I will grill a steak that will make you cry and swear your heart to me.

But eff coleslaw. Eff coleslaw in the goat ***. It takes two of the more disgusting things on the planet, cabbage and mayo, and puts them together in a cold sloppy mess. I'm seriously gagging thinking about it now.

GMJohnson and Mcduffie81 like this.
  12. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I've got an even longer antagonistic relationship with ckparrothead, but he's got things he knows and clearly has inside
    information and I respect that, even if his opinions I disagree with or think are entirely wrongheaded. There are plenty of others I don't agree with, or don't like, and whom feel the same way about me.

This isn't the same kind of thing.

Steve-Mo and ckparrothead like this.
  13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Light mayo son LIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT not slop...pepper too.....so you inviting me over for a date, cook me steak? eh eh?

14. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    ^^republican peace maker. Well now I've seen everything..............
    I kid I kid.

finyank13 likes this.
  15. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    No he doesn't. And that's cool if you're a $7 million a year type guy. But if you're a $12 million a year guy, you're almost twice that. You need to be affecting the game yourself. You need to be producing. You are very literally 10% of this team's total success and you need to produce like that.

Would you pay Mike Wallace $12 million a year to catch about 1,000 yards per year on average?

16. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I get that, but 126 has been pretty spot on with info, especially basketball stuff.....you cant deny that...this is a matter of 2 people not liking one another....

17. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Fist...bump?

18. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think Juan Huron has been around since before Christ. From Christ to Crist.

Come to think on it he's got Crist's coloring. Maybe Christ's too. :escape:

finyank13 likes this.
  19. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Fist...bump?

20. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    you quoted my post about Coleslaw you moron.

ToddPhin, MAFishFan and Steve-Mo like this.
  21. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    For ****s sake, all I said was that Con's post seems right to me, and that in a couple of days, I will be in a position to substantiate and add more light to it OR NOT.

That's it.

and every Single god damn piece of "inside info" I have ever posted in here, the Club, Heatfreak and in Other Sports has been VERY valuable info, that would NEVER be characterized as "**** that should die in a internet message board."

Your aim to be as insulting as possible is breathtaking, especially when only two people with 40 posts between them are the only ones agreeing with you.

22. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    What pisses me off is that I give this information away for free, only to upstage the sports media, which I hate.... and this ******* resents me for it.

23. Joe Robbie

Joe Robbie The Patriarch

Dec 24, 2008
    Miami Gardens
    I like candy corn.

24. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

But ... it appears to me..that you are the one stroking a EGO. If you will look at the number of posts, of anyone supporting Sec....you will see these arent people who dont spend quite a bit of time here. These are avid contributors to this site. It goes without saying..that...sometimes you should refrain from your opinions when others that have far more experience then you with the subject matter, have not voiced one word of the concern you keep supposing. I may be wrong here...but...taking the stance against the particular poster you have been doing, is not casting a very respectable light on your contributions.

ToddPhin and djphinfan like this.
  25. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    This is getting blown way out of proportion IMHO.

NJFINSFAN1 and Ludacris like this.
  26. vt_dolfan

I think..personally...what some need to realize, is benifit of the doubt, has been earned by some highly regarded posters that have been part of this community, was back to when this was all "finheaven". CK, Boomer, Sec, KB, Con, DJ, and some others...have a long history of bringing valuable information to this site. Because of this...they dont have to "quantify" every statement they make. If Sec says he "may be in a position to confirm something" it means....he may be in position to confirm something. He has earned the respect of most, that, while we would all love to know what other players they may be looking at, we take him at his word, that if he can, he will share that information.

Realize....there are other venues for Phins fans to go to. He isnt obliged to share any of this with us. I do hope...we can move the focus from credibility and back to the relevant topic at hand.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  27. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Where's DirtyCash when you need some real info

28. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    12 mil is a LOT i agree, but what about the positive affect that Wallace has on our other weapons? Does he not open up the field for the other WR's and TE's, even the running game? I don't think Jennings or Bowe can replicate that.

29. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    The Prince of Darkness created Candy Corn.

Why can folks just believe information if they respect the source, or disregard it if they don't? I don't see why there has to be a discussion about it. Are there free t-shirts or something I don't know about for being labeled a reliable source?

30. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    lot of good that did Ted Ginn Jr and Clyde Gates

KB21 likes this.
  31. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    The same people who read about how Jim Harbaugh was a done deal.

finyank13 likes this.
  32. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Don't crush my dreams, man.

finyank13 likes this.
  33. vt_dolfan

There was alot of reliable information from many sources at the time..that pointed to that being the case.

34. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    This is the longest thread in history talking about nothing. It's like a season of Seinfeld.

I can vouch for Section. I have been following the stuff he says for some time and he's been quite spot on. He makes calls that have come to be, especially on the Miami Heat side of things. I admit though, he does get carried away sometimes and a little full of himself but I find it amusing. He is just one character just like all of you different types of people that bring something different to the table. It makes this community interesting.

Finfangirl, Larryfinfan and MrClean like this.
  35. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Just saying there's very few sources that are above being questioned, and obviously that info was not reliable.

36. Dolphrank

Dolphrank New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    PA
    I didn't want to have to go back through all the garbage you posted.

37. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    I think Wallace will get a deal that averages closer to $9-10M than. Desean Jackson got a deal that averages a little over $9M (excluding the exceptional bonuses) per year and he offers the return game dimension that Wallace doesn't. The 5/$55M deal the Steelers offered was before his down year this past season and I don't think anyone will give him a deal that high now. Wallace isn't worth $12M and there are reasons why he is not a perfect fit, but in the $9M range I think he does make some sense, especially when paired with another more versatile WR like Jennings. The Dolphins can afford to pay a little extra for WRs because they are getting such a discount at the QB position, so there is room in the passing game budget. Wallace is still young and has plenty of potential to improve. Even if he doesn't and just gives 70 catches for 1100 yards and 8 TDs, a $9M deal is not that far out of whack. It would be overpaying, but the usual kind of overpaying that happens with most players in FA.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  38. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Make sure you don't fall down due to your floppy shoes.

ToddPhin likes this.
  39. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Actually it was. Enough so that Dan LeBatard and Several others on ESPN were "fooled" by it.

FACT: The Guy told medical staff at Stanford that he was going to Miami. Those people had no reason to lie.

Sometimes, people just change their minds.

Finfangirl likes this.
  40. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That's certainly possible. What I meant was, this isn't just Omar pulling something out of his ***. Mando is a clown so I wouldn't go straight off of what he says, but Barry Jackson is by far the best in the market, especially when it comes to these types of rumors. To me, that gives this idea legitimacy.

Personally I don't find it hard to believe at all that Wallace would be the top target though. First off, he's by far the youngest of the 3 main FAs. He is also the biggest playmaker. Ireland talks about a need for "chunk yardage" and while Wallace is not the complete WR the other two may be, he is a game breaker that is a threat to score on every play. Add the thing about Ross telling Mando dismissively that one of the big name WRs was hurt last year when asked about the guys on the market, and the talk of KC franchising Bowe, there are some signs pointing Wallace's way. I realize he may not be a "Packer-type" WR, but we don't know for sure that Philbin's plan is to be a carbon copy of that offense. And we also know it's Ireland, not Philbin that has final say in personnel.