1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Tidbits, courtesy of KFFL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Silverphin, May 25, 2008.

1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Dolphins | Beck adds weight
    Sat, 24 May 2008 12:40:01 -0700

Harvey Fialkov, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins QB John Beck has gained 11 pounds and is up to 218 pounds. "Now, I feel much stronger and built better to handle the season," said Beck. Beck has worked with quarterbacks coach David Lee to raise his release point a few inches.

Dolphins | Team not happy with Taylor trade offers
    Sat, 24 May 2008 08:09:23 -0700

Jeff Darlington, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have not received any trade offers better than a fourth-round draft pick for LB Jason Taylor, which is not enough for the team to pull the trigger on a deal.

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Good for Beck...

Nothing better than a 4th rounder for JT??? Thats pretty sad for us... how disappointing. Sorry JT, i woudlnt be trading you either unless its for a 2nd... or maybe a 3rd. So it looks like its either shut up, show up and play. Or retire after an outstanding career and move on to whatever it is you want to do afterwards.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  3. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

It sucks that we can't get a better offer, but every team knows we have absolutely NO leverage in the situation. Given the situation, we should take whatever we can get, even if it isn't what we'd consider great value. JT obviously has no plans to play for the Dolphins. Let him go. This situation needs to be resolved. No use in prolonging the drama. The best we can even hope for is for someone to offer up a third rounder.

4. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I disagree. If we don't get a better offer, then JT either suits up for us or retires and moves to Hollywood.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    If I were Parcells I wouldn't trade JT for a 4th unless it was a conditional 4th that could make it to a 2nd. I don't agree with Parcells' handling of this but it would be even worse if he caves in at this point.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

The jt SITUATION HAS DETERIORATED (oops hate caps lock) to the point we'll probably get nothing and see JT retire early. Both sides are to blame for this, JT diminished his value so badly by his stupid acting comments, then it seems the FO decided to shut him out, its a snowball gathering speed going downhill turning into a landslide. And nobody wins, everybody loses. Just sad, very sad.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No matter PR, does anyone really think JT would be the difference between making the playoffs and going 5-11? I certainly don't, JT would have helped us to remain competitive, but his days were growing shorter in the NFL.

Now we can see what some of the youngsters can do, I'd prefer JT be here, and I think there is a chance (about 40% IMO) that he comes back to play just to collect that 7.5 million then seek his fortunes in the plastic person land of Hollyweird.

Now hopefully JP moves to his natural position and we have a new WOLB on the strongside.

8. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

That's the whole point about us having NO leverage. We get a little SOMETHING for him or he retires. It makes no sense to force him to retire and get nothing out of him. Something, however minuscule, is better than getting nothing at all. Why force him into retirement and get nothing? That makes no sense to me at all. I can't see how someone would prefer to see him retire over us not getting something for him.

9. Duss

Duss Season Ticket Holder

Dec 9, 2007
    I have no problem in letting JT retire, is he doesnt want to play here and we cant get value... then no one gets to get him

lbmclean_sj likes this.
  10. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I say it is very early in the game. On the first day of TC someone could get hurt and that could/would change everything. You just never know what is just ahead so I'm fine with playing wait and see at this point in time. Ask me 3 weeks from the opening day game and I'll feel different but not right now.

11. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Yeah I guess you're right, we need to look forward to the future w/o JT, so at this point we should take anything we can get for him and just move on. :up:

padre31 likes this.
  12. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    As someone said, the Dolphins have no leverage right now and other teams know it. They will wait and see what develops and hope they can get him on a bargain. I hope the Dolphins hold their ground on this one. I have really liked JT as a player but he sure has been sending out a message that his heart is not in football. I think he is having delusions of grandeur thinking he can become the next big movie action hero, ala Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson to come out of football. If he doesn't hit it big then his income level will drop big time and he will wish he was back in football.

13. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    OK check this out...

Alright...

Now, I know we are talking about Mueller and Cameron (when you see what I am going to say)...BUT STILL...

If we gave up a 5th for TRENT GREEN all messed up...

WHY ON EARTH would we give up JASON TAYLOR for a mere 4th????

I know it is better than nothing...

BUT STILL...

I say HOLD ONTO him and call his bluff until the season starts...

Someone will ante up...you will see....someone's DE/LB is going to blow a knee out in TC someone's DE/LB is going to not impress and BAM we'll get the trade we want.

Be patient...