1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Team Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jul 7, 2010.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    My good friend John made me aware of Tim Dobbins on draft day. Of course I knew who he was, but I hadn't seen nearly as much of him as John had.
    Well, I have since watched MUCHO clips of this kid.
    I predict he easlily surpasses Chowder at ILB and teamed up alongside Dansby will be a serious difference maker.
    I love the extension to Brandon Fields and think he has easily earned it.
    Oh, and screw little Nicky Satan, you lying sleazebag.
    Thanks for the article brother. :hi5:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Hey az, how ya been? Haven't seen much of you 'round lately. Hope all is well. :knucks:

Re; Dobbins surpassing Crowder, man I hope you're right. I hope Dobbins and Edds make Crowder expendable. This will be the best off season in recent memory if we can add Crowder to the list of Porter, Ginn & Wilson as now ex-Dolphins.

azfinfanmang and dolfan7171 like this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, I'm good, thanks for asking.
    Contrary to some twisted opinions, I just needed a break from here for awhile. Actually, I think Dobbins is the perfect accent to Dansby.
    Dansby is more of an athletic finesse player that just moves to the ball, and very damn well.
    Dobbins will just flat out knock the crap out of you if he gets the chance.
    He is also a great special teamer, and can't have enough of that.
    I think Chowder will stick around until something better comes along. Still need at least 3 MLB'ers.
    I think Edds migh actually be the one that outs Chowder.....eventually.

5. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    We are going to be very strong at the linebacker postition.

6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Hope you're right bro. Clearly, that was one of the most glaring weaknesses of the team last season.

If we're even average at the LB position this season, combined with the addition of Nolan, our whole defense should be much better this season IMO.

7. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I don't see why not buddy. Like you said, with the addition of Nolan the defense will be better. Besides it has to be since the LB corps in the core of the defense. What we have now I think is stronger than what we had last year because of the points and the yards we gave up.

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Been saying it since draft day Dobbins will beat out Crowder for the starting spot which would be a very good thing IMHO. Either way we are MUCH improved @ ILB and OLB we got younger, bigger, stronger and Mike Nolan, Ray Sheridan. FS is my biggest fear but Nolan and Sparano/Parcells must like what they see in either Clemons or culver or they would have more aggressively went after a FS.

Good read, thanks for the link.

azfinfanmang and dolfan7171 like this.
  9. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I may be the only one to say this but I think the FS position is stronger than we may realize.

PhinsRock likes this.
  10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

You may well be right, I sure hope so :up:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think we as fan's have been forced to grow accustom to lack of speed and athleticism throughout the linebacking unit, however Iam confident we will noticably see a big difference in those speed and athletic dept's.

.Wake..Misi..Odrick..Starks..Clemon's [athlete's}..and hopefully Dobbins, that would be a 50 percent turnover on players at new positions... higher if your counting will allen playing the nickel.

I love the complete overhaul, pretty sure were gonna be a better defensive team with our 2nd year corners funneling everything inside, and our improvements athletically throughout linebacker.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    maybe, better coach them up. got talent on every roster

dolfan7171 likes this.