1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins surprisingly set at defensive end

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
  3. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks for the good read. This article only speaks about Wright and Holliday. As I am skeptical about Wright still, I too feel we should be okay at the DE position. Sparano mentioned Starks rotating in as well, probably on short yardage situations and such, but I am more excited about Quentin Moses. He's young and showing signs that he has some upside to him.

Ultimately, I do agree with the article, DE is not a need for us. Should be exciting to see our young guys, if Tuna and Sparano give them the time, we all know how the Tuna likes his veterans though.

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks for the link, good read. Agree we seem to be relatively well positioned here, I don't see this as a high priority in the upcoming draft.

5. Miamifan1354

Miamifan1354 Not Good Enough.

Jan 3, 2008
    If it weren't for the fact that we have so many other glaring needs, I think we would be very interested in an end in the draft. Vonnie isn't young and Wright just isn't proven IMHO. We do have some depth there, but with the needs at CB, S, OL, LB and WR, the DL will be overlooked.

6. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Thankfully, it will not be overlooked, not with Parcells here. Having too many defensive lineman will never be a bad thing. We might have some "guys" but ignoring the position is the way this franchise went with Wannstedt/Spielman in charge and it left us where we are today.

In my opinion, you should draft at least 1 defensive lineman every single draft regardless of who you have at the position. I could argue that you should draft a tackle AND an end every year. Get young, fresh, CHEAP legs every year.