1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins stock report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Jul 30, 2008.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    STOCK UP

OLB Quentin Moses - While Charlie Anderson has been EQUALLY impressive, no one on this team turns the corner like Moses when trying to get to the quarterback. Moses is playing behind Anderson because he needs a little work on run support, but don't be surprised if he's on the field during the nickel and dime packages, playing opposite Joey Porter. This defense is going to very sack friendly to the outside linebackers, and because of this I suspect one of the Dolphins starters will generate more sacks than Jason Taylor this season.

DE Kendall Langford - He's fast and athletic for such a big man (6-6, 290). The hands are everywhere, which is a clear sign he needs work on his technique. But the potential is there. I can see him pushing Matt Roth for a starting spot if he's productive early in the exhibition season. I give Langford the edge because Randy Starks needs to work on his stamina.

STOCK DOWN

WR Ernest Wilford - After watching Wilford catch about 20 passes during the OTA and minicamp sessions I was exposed to in the spring I was expecting him to be the go-to receiver for this offense. But Wilford has been thrown just as many passes as John Dunlap and Selwyn Lymon since camp started. He needs to start getting plays. His lack of production might be why the Dolphins are shopping for a veteran receiver.

http://forums.thephins.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3

baboo72 likes this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

We need this D to gel and improve, because it's obvious the offense has a really long way to go...I'm glad to see Langford and Moses making an impact...

As to Wilford, perhaps they didn't have the opportunity to look at the younger guys during the minicamps ?? This is a way they can look more closely at those guys, knowing that they have game tape on Wilford ??

Themole likes this.
  3. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    why is wilford not being involved more in the offense?

4. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I wouldn't read too much in him not getting many reps considering the Dolphins will have to get rid of some of the younger receivers before final cutdown including who they will put on the PS. There is just so many reps to go around and they have to evaluate the young talent.

alen1 and Themole like this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im concerned with wilford not getting more looks on the offensive side of the ball.

But im really please to hear some positives on Langford. First Merling, now langford. definately great news for us.