Dolphins spoke with RG3

11 replies

GalantGalantForum VeteranOP
Apr 4, 2019, 10:56 AM

But he wasn't interested in being a bridge QB.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

moosegutsmoosegutsForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2019, 01:21 PM

It's hard coming down to earth when people have been telling you how awesome you are your entire life.

mooseguts out

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2019, 02:39 PM

I think he eventually becomes the starter in Baltimore when Jackson eventually becomes a "slash" player. Good decision from him.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Apr 5, 2019, 09:14 AM

Doesn't want to be a starting "bridge" QB, but wants to be a second or third stringer? Ok. It's all BS.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 5, 2019, 10:07 AM

Hugely overrated as a prospect.
Shows that he's a mediocre passer before suffering a terrible injury that robs him of his athleticism.
Starts twelve games the last five years, putting up terrible numbers.
29 years old.

He should be thanking his lucky stars that any team would consider him for a roster spot.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Apr 5, 2019, 12:09 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Hugely overrated as a prospect.
Shows that he's a mediocre passer before suffering a terrible injury that robs him of his athleticism.
Starts twelve games the last five years, putting up terrible numbers.
29 years old.

He should be thanking his lucky stars that any team would consider him for a roster spot.

I was thinking this. If he ever wants to start again it might be smart to take the chances that arise.

When I see a QB say he doesnt want to be a stop gap, that tells me he has no confidence in himself to keep the spot. Even Osweiler said he wanted to keep the job.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 5, 2019, 12:42 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Hugely overrated as a prospect.
Shows that he's a mediocre passer before suffering a terrible injury that robs him of his athleticism.
Starts twelve games the last five years, putting up terrible numbers.
29 years old.

He should be thanking his lucky stars that any team would consider him for a roster spot.

It is hard for me to think this.

Before he got hurt in the playoff game against the Seahawks, which in my opinion is the best defense of all time, the Seahawks had zero answer for him.

Losing his legs was a problem. I do think it is possible he works have been a child qb if he came out that game and was more coachable

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Apr 5, 2019, 03:30 PM

So glad he turned them down.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Apr 8, 2019, 06:25 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

It is hard for me to think this.

Before he got hurt in the playoff game against the Seahawks, which in my opinion is the best defense of all time, the Seahawks had zero answer for him.

Losing his legs was a problem. I do think it is possible he works have been a child qb if he came out that game and was more coachable

Pretty sure you didnt mean child QB there. Were you going for good or great?

TItirty8Forum Veteran
Apr 8, 2019, 12:42 PM

This pretty much verifies two things:

1 - The entire league knows the Dolphins are tanking (choose whatever word you'd like to use here)

2 - RG3 is dumb. I get it that we are not in win now mode, and our roster will likely have glaring holes on opening day, but I think it is crazy that three QBs have passed up opportunities to be starting QBs (RG3, Bridgewater, Taylor).

There is no guarantee that any one of these guys will ever be given opportunities to start again. As we all know, the NFL stands for "not for long." I imagine Teddy has been told that he will be handed the reins once Brees is gone, but you never really can tell. What if the Saints underachieve or get hit by the injury bug, you cannot be entirely certain that they won't draft a QB next year if they have an early pick. What if the rumors of Payton to Dallas are true? Dak won't be retiring anytime soon.

I don't see how RG3 could possibly think that seemingly without any major catalyst, some team will all of a sudden view him as a starting QB again. He is going to need get extended time on the field to really prove himself, and because of age, it is still going to be a big "maybe."

I can objectively see how our line could scare away potential QBs. At best it is a work in progress, but we do have weapons on offense. There are certainly teams with less offensive talent than us.

In my man, the man from Harvard showed his intelligence.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 8, 2019, 01:04 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

Pretty sure you didnt mean child QB there. Were you going for good or great?

You are right. Stupid phone.

Good quarterback

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

mbsinmiscmbsinmiscForum Veteran
Apr 8, 2019, 02:45 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

You are right. Stupid phone.

Good quarterback

I am in no way inclined to call myself a talent evaluator. My approach has always been to read people I trust and shape my decisions from there. One of the players that I never trusted to be a good long term QB was RG3.

I have a hangup on guys with small joints. Those guys with thin knees and ankles are typically fast but prone to injury. RG3 and Reggie Bush are two that come to mind with this body physiognomy. They both worked hard in the weight room (to their credit), but both would have weighed 160 if they didn't lift so hard. Those thin joints are not meant for the NFL.

Don't get me started on my bias against NBA prospects with "High Butt Syndrome":tongue:

Who's next ?