1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins signing Long could create dilemmas for other teams

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    The seventh version of Scouts Inc.'s mock draft is a bit different than its predecessors. Rather than simply projecting a pick and how he fits with a particular team, we're examining scenarios that could confront each team and how those circumstances would impact their thinking.

For instance, what happens to the rest of the top five if the Dolphins can get an agreement in place with OT Jake Long? How would things snowball if DE Chris Long ends up in Oakland? We're still making projected picks, but this time we're taking a closer look at how the effect of those picks would cascade down the first round.
    Things are still fluid but this is our best take on how Round 1 would play out if the draft were held today:

LINK TO MOCK..
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...ory?columnist=mcshay_todd&page=mcshaymock0415

2. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Interesting mock. I've said all along that I wouldn't mind drafting either Long, but would of course prefer Chris. However, if we do draft Jake and the draft plays out somewhat similar to that mock we have the chance of landing Connor as well. I'd be very happy with getting both Jake and Dan with our first two picks. Although I'd be ecstatic if we were to draft Chris Long and then the best available OT on the board, which would probably be Cherilus at that point, again referring back to that mock.

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

The two linebackers i like are Connor and Crable it would be great to get one of them.
    I still think Cherilus will be a first rd pick

4. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Let's say we draft Chris and Jake Long, Albert, Clady, Williams, Otah, and Cherilus are all off the board by the end of the first round. Who then do you have ranked as your next highest OT? Baker? At that point we may need to look elsewhere to fill another position of need such as CB/WR, or simply go BPA depending on who is left on our short list given our next pick.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

6. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    :up: Looks good to me. Although, like stated before it all depends who's on the board at our next pick, but if we were to select Jake in the first then I think we definitely have to look at LB/DB, then possibly WR. I'll still cross my fingers for Connor even though it's unlikely.

ATVZ400 likes this.