Dolphins sign Sage Rosenfels

92 replies

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 6, 2011, 04:23 PM

"Section126 wrote:

Stephen Ross is broke. Thank God for that.

Sapp and Rosario's contracts coming back to haunt the FO.

If they wanted him at all, I suspect they did not as the last thing they'd want is a 33 yr old Qb to come in, play well, and then have to pay him or start over at -0-.

It is not unreasonable to think that they'd prefer to start over at -0- then to be boxed in if Garrard played well.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:24 PM

"Section126 wrote:

YES. must not forget the Rams holding the league hostage for Andrew Luck.

Honestly, if we ended up with say, pick #3, I'd probably still give them close to the whole draft. I think Luck is significantly better than the other guys.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:24 PM

If Stephen Ross is trying to get the #1 pick, then I don't see how Jeff Ireland can be fired, regardless of what happens.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:25 PM

"Section126 wrote:

YES. must not forget the Rams holding the league hostage for Andrew Luck.

They would be crazy to trade him.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:26 PM

"Stringer Bell wrote:

They would be crazy to trade him.

$70 million guaranteed in Bradford is a tough pill to swallow, and bradford is no slouch.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 6, 2011, 04:26 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

Honestly, if we ended up with say, pick #3, I'd probably still give them close to the whole draft. I think Luck is significantly better than the other guys.

:evil:

A flaw in your strategy? Say it ain't so!

And keep in mind, we go 1-15 or whatever, it means there are needs all over the place, no coach is going to trade heavily for the #1 with that many holes in the roster...

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 6, 2011, 04:28 PM

"Stringer Bell wrote:

They would be crazy to trade him.

Rams will win some games, to much talent to go 1-15 or whatever, they probably go 4-12.

But wait, they did "draft a qb with a #1 pick!!"

And they stockpiled high draft choices as well? How can this be? SFLers swear that cannot happen, why look at the Lions!

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:30 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Rams will win some games, to much talent to go 1-15 or whatever, they probably go 4-12.

But wait, they did "draft a qb with a #1 pick!!"

And they stockpiled high draft choices as well? How can this be? SFLers swear that cannot happen, why look at the Lions!

Jason smith was a bust. Chris Long is ok but no game changer. Their high picks have not been overly successful. If Ireland has done one thing right, our first rounders can at least play.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:31 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

$70 million guaranteed in Bradford is a tough pill to swallow, and bradford is no slouch.

$50M guaranteed IIRC.

I don't think any pill would be tough to swallow if you are ending up with Andrew Luck. Not to mention you're looking at multiple first round picks for Bradford. Take a cap hit for a couple of years while you develop Luck.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

Lab3003Lab3003New Member
Oct 6, 2011, 04:34 PM

The Rams could just trade Bradford and his monster contract, then take Andrew Luck instead. Better player @ lower price.

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Oct 6, 2011, 04:34 PM

:sidelol:

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Oct 6, 2011, 04:36 PM

Right now there are 4 teams (0-4) and 7 teams with only 1 win.....I have a horrible feeling Miami will pick 11th! AGGGGhhhhhhhhhhh!

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Oct 6, 2011, 04:38 PM

FWIW I agree with the $70+ million signing bonus argument.

Yes only $50 million of the guaranteed money is Sam Bradford's, but an additional $25 million will be Andrew Luck's.

The Rams will be placed in a position of having to trade Bradford and having to flush $33 million of guaranteed down the toilet in the 2012 salary cap, if they cut the guy...or they'll have to try and work out a trade that involves the recipient team paying some of that guaranteed money. Good luck with that.

You're not even paying attention to the simple fact that the Rams might not be able to clear the $40 million of 2012 salary cap room they might need in order to take care of that whole situation. We're not in uncapped territory anymore, ya know.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:40 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

FWIW I agree with the $70+ million signing bonus argument.

Yes only $50 million of the guaranteed money is Sam Bradford's, but an additional $25 million will be Andrew Luck's.

The Rams will be placed in a position of having to trade Bradford and having to flush $33 million of guaranteed down the toilet in the 2012 salary cap, if they cut the guy...or they'll have to try and work out a trade that involves the recipient team paying some of that guaranteed money. Good luck with that.

You're not even paying attention to the simple fact that the Rams might not be able to clear the $40 million of 2012 salary cap room they might need in order to take care of that whole situation. We're not in uncapped territory anymore, ya know.

I don't think the Rams can afford to let go of Bradford and take Luck. It simply isn;t feasible. If Bradford was an epic bust, maybe you think about the huge hit and resign yourself to being in jail for 2-3 years but Bradford is really good.

They'd be better off getting a ton of draft picks and maybe an established player or two. give Bradford a team.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:41 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

FWIW I agree with the $70+ million signing bonus argument.

Yes only $50 million of the guaranteed money is Sam Bradford's, but an additional $25 million will be Andrew Luck's.

The Rams will be placed in a position of having to trade Bradford and having to flush $33 million of guaranteed down the toilet in the 2012 salary cap, if they cut the guy...or they'll have to try and work out a trade that involves the recipient team paying some of that guaranteed money. Good luck with that.

You're not even paying attention to the simple fact that the Rams might not be able to clear the $40 million of 2012 salary cap room they might need in order to take care of that whole situation. We're not in uncapped territory anymore, ya know.

And the ultimate loss is? A season that they weren't going to win a Super Bowl in anyway?

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:44 PM

http://nfl.si.com/2011/10/06/dolphins-add-sage-rosenfels-throw-in-towel/?sct=hp_t2_a5

CNNSI: Rosenfels is the equivalent of waving the white flag. Fins clubhouse leaders for Andrew Luck

Destiny. If stanford ends up in the Orange Bowl again, I suggest we do a thephins.com "Welcome to Miami" rally for Luck at the game.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Oct 6, 2011, 04:48 PM

So folks are saying Rosenfels is NOT an upgrade over Moore???

Cause, I think he can produce more Wins then Moore, and thats not a white flag move.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Third ManThird ManSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:48 PM

Am I really the only one who's noticed the "sucking" going on in this updated "Suck for Luck" banner?

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:52 PM

"Third Man wrote:

Am I really the only one who's noticed the "sucking" going on in this updated "Suck for Luck" banner?

Wow, you're right. I would never have noticed it. I will take it down.

Third ManThird ManSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:54 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

Wow, you're right. I would never have noticed it. I will take it down.

Well, that wasn't exactly what I was getting at. I just thought it was funny.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 04:56 PM

"Third Man wrote:

Well, that wasn't exactly what I was getting at. I just thought it was funny.

No, I know, but I certainly don't want to offend anybody. I honestly didn't notice it.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Oct 6, 2011, 04:58 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

No, I know, but I certainly don't want to offend anybody. I honestly didn't notice it.

Just fix it, and add STL and remove KC for going into week #5.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 6, 2011, 04:59 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

Right now there are 4 teams (0-4) and 7 teams with only 1 win.....I have a horrible feeling Miami will pick 11th! AGGGGhhhhhhhhhhh!

Well, there will still be good Qb's on the board, that is the sort of yr it is.

Even crazier, look at the teams who figure to pick Top 10, Rams and Jags already have high pick Qb's, Vikes took Ponder, Bungals have Dalton, Browns like McCoy,

Sort of interesting to consider that some teams have their Qb already, will pick Top 10, and will be willing to make deals, aside from the #1 overall that is to say.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 6, 2011, 05:06 PM

Chris Chambers now or bust.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MerauderMerauderNew Member
Oct 6, 2011, 05:13 PM

Woohooo.