1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Scrimmage 08/02/14

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Alex13, Aug 2, 2014.

1. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    How you execute offense in the red zone is much different than how you execute offense say on your own 40 yard line. There is a lot less room to work with, and b/c of that the defense is more compact b/c there's less room to spread them out. Consequently, windows become much tighter, and certain things like fly routes are no longer an option so the defense can defend you differently.

That's why it's very important to practice it. B/c it's different, and harder, than the standard offense available to you in the middle of the field.

2. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I think everyone who keeps saying 1s versus 1s needs to stop when Wallace, Hartline and Clay weren't in there. That's our top 3 weapons on offense. Really not 1s versus 1s.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Having the #1 offense against the #2 defense anyway is not something unique to Dolphins scrimmages. I saw some notes on the Bengals scrimmage and they started out the same way, with Dalton carving up their #2 defense.

4. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Wow! "Packers fans are no joke. They filled up Lambeau Field (67,336 tickets at $10 a pop) for practice. Not a scrimmage. Practice. We're talkin' about practice."

mcdave21 likes this.
  5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

They do have great fans, but also ya gotta think, what the heck else is there to do in Green Bay for entertainment? :)

toto, Sceeto and cuchulainn like this.
  6. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I've been there...nothing.

toto likes this.
  7. toto

toto Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Vellmar, Germany
    Me too! Twice!! And you are right... absolutely nothing!!! :no: