1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Scrimmage 08/02/14

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Alex13, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Fair... I don't think it was a 3 and out though, Tannehill got Gibson for a 5 yd gain, then Miller with a good run up the middle.. looks like they got the first down. Then there was a Landry dropped pass, a pass batted down at the LOS by Fede and an incompletion to Rishard Matthews in the endzone.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    How bout Billy turner starting today..how cool is that..I'm all good with more talent.bad part is, if he doesn't relinquish the job, looks like Dallas couldn't cut it.

Give me a line of Albert..Colledge..Pouncey..Turner..James...and we've got so much more talent that last year..

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Where is Grey Ruegamer when we need him?

Larry Little, Den54, The Rev and 3 others like this.
  4. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Follow the chicken heads ...

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    XD. I see what you did there.

MrClean likes this.
  6. MrClean

Where did you read it?

7. MrClean

It's impossible to know how he played overall without watching the scrimmage.

djphinfan likes this.
  8. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I wouldn't read too much into Turner starting yet DJ. It wasn't that way all scrimmage. They seem to still be doing some mixing and matching...

9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Just an FYI, I saw some of the video clips from NFLN and Dallas Thomas was also working at RG with the first team. I'd bet that is still a fluid situation. I'll also say that maybe I was mistaken about Nate Garner's being fluid at C in lieu of Pouncey.

10. MrClean

You are a 3,000 mile trip? :shifty:

11. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

All three of us are a diagonal line away aren't we?

12. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    One clip that intrigued me was a play that was shown during a live cut-in on NFLN. Keeping in mind that Wallace was hurt and it sounds like Hartline didn't play at all, I like the potential for this offense to cause matchup problems.

On the play, Rishard Matthews, Brandon Gibson, and Jarvis Landry all lined up in a trips set out to the right side with Lamar Miller split out to the left side as the lone receiver with Dion Sims lined up next to Tannehill in the gun (yes, Dion Sims). Sims then motioned up and out to the left with Miller and ended up catching a quick out for a first down. Just something for defenses to think about.

The Rev and Sceeto like this.
  13. MrClean

Dallas couldn't cut it, or Billy just playing better? We really don't know yet whether either one will be a starter on week 1.

djphinfan likes this.
  14. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I liked that one play where they were lining up and Landry had to tell Gibson where to go, at least from a Landry fan standpoint. The negative is, why doesn't Gibson know?

Deej beats up diet/work-out...I harp on knowing the playbook and discipline associated with it. Nothing pisses me off more than a blown assignment or wrong route/miss-run route/miss-communicated route between the QB and receiver.

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    ok, still pretty cool that the wild rookie is gettin reps, I really don't care at this point Ro about turners technique, I know he can move and locate with athleticism, I know he's aggressive in his approach, I know he has the right amount of cockiness, I know he's got a nasty attitude and I know how much we sucked balls last year.

If I put turners college tape side by side with Thomas's, Turner wins..so we'll see if Thomas could hold him off, I was one who thought Thomas would rebound.

16. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    thats a pretty good day, the sack wasn't listed on the summary earlier

17. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Looks like Satale will be there until pounce comes back.

18. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

vizi0n likes this.
  19. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Well, at least he has played center, which is better than trying to point a rectangular peg into a pentagonal hole!

20. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    As a left tackle sure, I'd agree with Turner winning that battle. As a guard though...with Satele in the fold I wouldn't be surprised if Shelley Smith ends up starting at RG, and they keep both Thomas (position flexibility) and Turner (developmental) and let them duke it out next year for the LG spot since Colledge is on a one year deal.

Take that with a grain of salt though as I lost my bet on Smith being the C and spoke to soon re: Garner at C with the Satele signing.

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    No sense of debating until we have preseason film..

22. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'd guess it's somewhat telling that Thomas and Turner worked with the 1st unit over Shelley Smith at RG today...maybe.

23. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Smith got reps with the first team too today I believe...

24. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Think Ryan Pickett.

25. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Interesting, though not surprising, to me anyway. I must have missed that tweet.

26. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    That was impressive.

MrClean likes this.
  27. nyfinzfan

nyfinzfan Dolphins shall rise!

Mar 25, 2008
    Albion NY
    How did my darkhorse Darkwa do today?

28. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    you sure that's not a Canes game?

FinNasty likes this.
  29. MrClean

I'd bet now that Satele is opening day Center with Smith at RG.

30. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    where do you came up with this numbers, he is not credited with a sack on Barry Jackson's latest blog from the scrimmage.

31. PhinFan1968

3/4s of his 24 TD passes were in the Red Zone, and only 1 pick. I don't know if 3/4s is a good or bad %, but 18 TDs to 1 INT I like a lot.

32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Must of been a tweet mistake.

33. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Oh, I don't know if anyone tweeted it, but I'm pretty sure I saw him get some LG action on the first team yesterday.

34. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
  35. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    So, would you count field goals during red zone drills, too? The ball is placed on the 20 yard line. I EXPECT you to score TDs. My standards for offense are high and I will not lower them. If you aren't scoring in regular 11 on 11 team drill, then it tells me something. Scoring in red zone drills should be taken with a 'grain of salt'. I think it is nuts to even do a red zone drill during a scrimmage, anyway. What is that about??? Maybe the coaches decided to do red zone drills in the middle of a scrimmage because the offense didn't get down in the red zone enough on their own merit during the real simulated 11 on 11 scrimmage.

36. PhinFan1968

37. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    lol. Just focus on his tweets. I know what you mean though.

38. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Since I no longer live in South Florida, it is nice to be able to come on this forum and get the latest information of how the Dolphins are looking in training camp.

I just don't get those who make a big deal about how small the crowd was at yesterdays practice. I lived in South Florida for over 50 years and I attended nearly 400 Dolphin regular season and playoff games between 1966 and last year. Over that time period I went to only 3 preseason games, even though I received tickets to preseason games as part of my season ticket package. I only went to these three games because in each case I had visitors in town who wanted to go to the game and I felt obligated to go with them.

Otherwise I always gave these tickets away if someone wanted them or most of the time, they just went unused. I also NEVER attended a single Dolphin practice over all those years.

To me, it is all about the regular season and I just never cared about attending practices or preseason games. That certainly didn't make me any less of a fan. So while I certainly hope the stands are full during the season at Sun Life Stadium. I can certainly understand why the crowd at practice yesterday was small. In fact I am surprised that 2000 people actually showed up in the first place. Perhaps that is the only chance some of these fans will get to see the Dolphins in person, once the regular season starts.

39. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I don't agree it should be taken with a grain of salt. Redzone drills are to pracrice scoring TDs in the redzone obviously. Doing that is encouraging. Failing is not.

40. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Agree with you 100%. I love the Dolphins but I'd rather spend time with my damily, read a book or something than attend a scrimmage or practice I won't remember much of in a month.