1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins ranked 17th according to this. It's a good article though!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Sep 7, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i think its a very realistic article. i don't agree with the ranking though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/articles/

2. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    We embarrassed the Patriots last year so we can expect a couple of tough games from them. I still think we can beat them but they will throw everything but the kitchen sink at us and that too if they happen to find one laying around on their sideline!

anlgp likes this.
  3. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Talent wise I think 17 is a bit low as I think the Fins are in the top 12 range (playoff quality talent) but if you factored in all factors surrounding the team especially the horribly tough schedule then 17 is about right.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I don't place this much importance on strength or weakness of schedule. I'll continue saying "It's not who you play but when you play them".

5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Very true but what if you play all good teams throughout the whole year? Then doesn't that take the when you play them argument out of the equation?

The best way I try to look at it is that this is the toughest schedule based on last year's records and this year many of these teams could slip. However that is still a low probability especially when the AFC and NFC South are probably the two deepest divisions in football.

It can be overcome like last year's Steelers but the problem is I don't think the Fins are as good as last year's Steelers.