1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins prove their “Wildcat” ways are no fluke

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Oct 6, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    mullingan likes this.
  2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Nice write. The team is playing well coached, solid football as a team. The confidence they are playing with is building. Good to be a PHINFAN.

hugoguzman likes this.
  3. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    One thing I love about the wildcat formation is that it makes it MUCH easier for Ronnie Brown to hit the hole since there is no time wasted with the QB to RB handoff. Plus, Ronnie can see what holes open up much sooner. Not to mention the amount of options he has (run it himself, give it to Ricky, pass it, give it to Ricky to pass it, etc.). All-in-all, this formation is showing that it is not some ticky-tack gimmick trickeration formation.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Exactly, its a glorified run that gives Ronnie more space and freedom while choosing a lane. It also gets both our RB's on the field at the same time.

I hope teams laugh and joke about it all season. As much as the SD dogged, they were burned for what turned out to be the game winning TD off it.

5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Nice read...

We currently are 16 for 168 (total yards; 10.5 avg) and 6 total td's out of the wildcat. Using this average, we score a TD every 2.5 times from this formation. :knucks:

hugoguzman likes this.